Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking under my hood tonight and my uncle who is a diesel HD mechanic noticed what looked to possible be oil at the top of the intercooler tube at the back of the engine. It is an 08 LMM with 30700 Kms on it. Is this something that is normal? I also noticed on the left hand side of the engine an area that has a square shape to it, sorry I do not know the name...I am thinking EGR?? It too has the same dirt/oil residue on it. I could take pics tomorrow and I am sure this would help. I think I will take it to the dealer any way to have it looked at.

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you are saying oil on the blue colored tube back near the firewall on top of the engine. I have the same residue, LMM with 20k.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep that is the area ont eh blue tube and I thought the square area was the EGR system. So this is fine having this residue or oil there? It looks as if there is a bad gasket or seal.

Thanks
Phil

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
thats where it comes straight out of the turbo
my LMM did it from day one and I think they all do it

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not a big deal then but didn't know a 60K truck should do that LOL. I guess it is normal for them to look their age just like a woman LOL.........but she costs more to make all purdy again.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,448 Posts
reroute the PCV if u want it gone..it can make a huge mess
That's exactly what will cure this problem. I did it on my truck and now it stays nice and clean. Here a link to a DIY PCV Reroute.
:drink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts