Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has just over 160k on it. At times when going slow either leaving a stop sign or pulling in and out of parking spots, the steering will lock up and become extremely hard to turn. Any ideas what might be causing this? Would this be the hydroboost or am I looking at going through the front suspension looking for binding?

Premium Member
Have you flushed/serviced the PS fluid?

Premium Member
Reactions: wiscobadger

Premium Member
LML, already has it.

Premium Member
LML, already has it.
Tks, didn't know that... 160,000, I bet that fluid is Nasty. Mine was 95,000 when I bought it and it was black as the PS Hoses.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scratch that, didn't see the reply with write up above. I've got an oil change coming up very soon and will plan on doing this. Thanks for the advice!

Registered
My 2015 would do this only while making rh turns. Give the wheel a quick tug to the left and back to the right the pwr assist would work. The dealer replaced the steering box(warranty), problem fixed.

Registered
PS fluid needs changing. My 2012 did this a couple times on old factory fluid. Hasnt done it since a flush

Reactions: wiscobadger
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.