Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Lately I've been driving my LMM back and forth from St. Louis and Waterloo, IA. Last trip on the way back about 2 hour from IA I hear a noise from under the truck. Almost sounded like the wind was blowing something and smacking it into something else. I pull over and checked everything. Could not find a single thing loose. I continued my drive with the radio off listening for more potential problems. Later on, I hear a very slight grinding noise. Pulled over again and all I could find was a little oil or transmission fluid on the front passenger side of the bell housing. After refueling, no noises.

As of now the truck has been sitting in my garage for a week. I went in and noticed a small puddle underneath, about 10" in diameter. From there I noticed fluid all over the back and front of the transmission. Transfer case is dry. Thinking it may be time for my transmission to be gone through again. It was built about 4-5 years ago. Is there anyone near the Waterloo, IA area (within a few hours) that would be able to tear it apart? I am currently in an apartment and the truck barely fits in the garage as is, so working on it here will be a pain.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any funny lights on your 4 wheel drive switch.. may be pump rub in transfer case.
Pump rub was supposed to be addressed during the trans build. Could be but I'm doubtful. The truck has had no leaks up until this point. No funny lights, driving just like it should. No vibrations or anything that any normal person would notice besides the leaking fluid.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure. I peaked before work today but was in my good clothes. I'll double check in the morning. Almost seemed like an oil mix

1 - 5 of 5 Posts