Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Manuel Garcia, born in Mexico but raised in the great state of Oklahoma! Currently I don't own a DMax but I'm looking for one. My dad has a lawn and landscaping business and all our work trucks are diesels. We have have several 7.3s, a 6.4, two lbzs, and he drives 6.7 cummins and lbz sierra. So I've been around diesels. I currently drive an 06 sc sb Silverado Jon Moss RST. I have 2 kids so I never drive it and hate always driving my wife's Altima. I apologize for the rant.
I'm looking for a used LML. I found a none used Black Max Race Tuner for sale. If I buy it and then say I found a LML in month could I still do all the deletes?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yes, you will still be able to do the deletes. You will just have to get an unlock code from H&S.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ok thanks because I think I found a truck but I want get a feel for it first since its used maybe wait an oil change or two before doing the deletes.
I think that's a good idea. Just run it pretty hard for several thousand miles to make sure nothing is going to break right away and then do the deletes whenever you feel comfortable. I waited about 21K miles before I did mine. I have put about 4K miles on mine since the deletes with no issues (*knock on wood*). :thumb

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Welcome buddy.

Personally id stay away from the black maxx and go with either a mini maxx or XRT pro. Reason i say this is because the Black maxxs were end of lifed about 2yrs ago and support for them is extremely limited can be come totally unavailable (im speaking about repair parts)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was just down there last week at the Clapton concert. Good luck finding your truck.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
welcome to the forum

im running for DF Mayor

vote for me
^^^^^ignore this guy he is crazy and is now running for mayor of the looney bin :rofl

p.s. dont repeat this very much or his ego takes over but hes a pretty good guy and will help where he can.

:welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys I found a couple places around here that still have the Mini Max and they all said they wont sell it w/o exhaust system and instal! One placed charged $3,300 and the other $2,800! Seems a bit high.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Thanks guys I found a couple places around here that still have the Mini Max and they all said they wont sell it w/o exhaust system and instal! One placed charged $3,300 and the other $2,800! Seems a bit high.
haha i would tell them where to go and how to get there. look at the bottom of my sig and contact that guy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, yeah I have a friend who just installed a mini maxx on his 6.4 and the exhaust system and he said he would help out! I'm not mechanically inclined or have the patience to do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts