Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve seen some trucks on YouTube with an iPad in place of the stock touch screen. I’d like to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edit: 2019 L5p LTZ z71 tuned and deleted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are you talking about the new Dodge Rams? I believe they have a center screen the size of an iPad. They come from the factory that way. Otherwise, I have not heard of people adding one after market, however I am pretty much a mushroom in this are (in the dark, and eat....).

Good luck.

//KMac

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the new Dodge Rams? I believe they have a center screen the size of an iPad. They come from the factory that way. Otherwise, I have not heard of people adding one after market, however I am pretty much a mushroom in this are (in the dark, and eat....).

Good luck.

//KMac
No, I’m talking about putting an iPad in place of the touch screen in the Chevy. I think I’ve seen it where it deletes the heat and AC controls too. It’s all controlled via the iPad.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
i think that you are a bit confused. I am unaware of any Apple product that will replicate in a GM vehicle what is seen in Tesla.

All that I have seen are Android based. Here is one of a few that are out there:

·
Registered
897 Posts
They are out there but I’ve forgotten who makes the kit. I’ll think of it and send you a link

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think that you are a bit confused. I am unaware of any Apple product that will replicate in a GM vehicle what is seen in Tesla.

All that I have seen are Android based. Here is one of a few that are out there:

Not confused, I’ve seen them done. I’m 100% sure it was an iPad that was installed. What I’m not sure of is if anyone is making a kit or were they a custom

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

This might be custom, but here’s one

·
Registered
2008 Chevy 2500 LMM
19 Posts

I see that would be a full custom install but Phoenix Automotive makes Tesla style screens to go into OEM locations. Check them out. I have no experience with them but found them when researching other upgrades for my truck.

Reactions: 1lunger

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts

This appears to be an iPad just placed on the dash.

I see no apps on the screen for what one would normally expect for an interface for use in a vehicle. Check out the Phoenix setup and you will see it is dramatically different from what is presented on the iPad screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts