Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Ipod adapter factory H/U on 2009

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tow Master 
#1 ·
hi guys i would like to first start off by saying I have just bought my 2009 GMC sierra tonight and couldn't be more excited. now i have used the search button on this topic but wasn't able to come up with a definitive answer. like the title says i would like to have a I pod adapter for my factory H/U. i seen that there was one thread on a $10 solution and others with adapters behind attaching to the xm radio. my confusion is which one to buy? how exactly its hooked up? anyone have any experience with this themselves?

#2 ·
#3 ·
I have the same system that Tow Master is suggesting. It works great. I had tried a PAC Audio I-Pod Interface kit, but it sucked. Guys from Al & Ed's Auto Sound steered me to the USA Spec kit.

#5 ·
awesome thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

#6 ·
No problem :drink

and those guys without XM on the factory H/U get a collective middle finger..
It might still work. It was easiar for me to plug it into the XM. But, it also came with a harness to plug it right into the back of the head unit. Instead of being on XM 1 it would be on FM1 IIRC :thumb

#7 ·
i just want a freaking 3.5mm audio in lol.. oh well. i really don't want to change H/U's cause i've got steering wheel controls and harnesses are expensive.

not having tunes gets old quick

#8 ·
I think that $10 mod will work for you! Im in the same boat with the stock head unit :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.