Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an IPOD adapter for my 05 LLY. I have onstar and bose speakers. would like something integrated to allow for the radio to change songs etc. Let me know if you have something you are selling!

·
Registered
106 Posts
google installer.com it will take you to a website were you can view car audio adapters that will allow you tha use your radio to change the song on your ipod thet are kinda of pricet though like a bill fifty or two.

or there is a guy on here that has a link to add the 3.5mm adapter to the stock radio just surch 10 ipod and it will take you to it.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i seen the $10 ipod, but the diagram is blurry. if you can get pictures, i would be interested.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Crutchfield sells a kit, I have the USA Spec kit from them and it works great. Wasn't cheap, but easy install, sounds great and works exactly like I wanted it to!!!!!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the radio with cd and tape with XM. there is no aux button. if i were to unplug the XM cable in the back and plug in one of these aux inputs, do i still need to provide power?

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
better yet...if i were to take out the XM, how do i configure it so that port now becomes an aux port? i never use XM. also have a buddy that has the same radio but no XM so his 12 pin in the back is not being used...how do i make that 12 pin an aux and be used that way?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I just got the USA spec kit from crutchfield! Definatly worth the $150. Its pretty cool and takes 5 min to hook up. I just plugged it in the xm and it uses XM 1 setting then XM 2 is the XM. Very cool. I can switch it from my headunit and it shows the song on my headunit.

The downfall is XM is now fuzzy when your switching from station to station or if theres a song and it stops singing for a second :rolleyes:

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/65078-diy-i-pod-controler-install.html

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
514 Posts
can i get an ipod hook up for my 03 with no xm?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
pricey but i need to look into this. i do at some point hope to get a touch screen nav unit. i just don't know when i will be able to get that done so i might go this route for now.

·
Registered
912 Posts
buy the adapter from radioshack, its like 3 dollars. splice into the xm connector on the specified pins and mount the jack...it took me maybe a couple hours the first time and like 45 minutes the second time on a friends truck. xm would work fine if mine was activated but its not, the preview channel works when the cable is unplugged. ill see if i can find the link for the install.

·
Registered
912 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
sweet. good to know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts