Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is an aux. plug on the back of the factory bose 6 disc radio's? I tryed to get my radio out but couldnt get it when i took all the screws out to look? Did I over look something? Help?!?!?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Radio is easy to pull out, unscrew all screws and tug gently on it, it will come out. If need be pry it gently with a flat head screw driver wrapped in a shop towel. Careful not to let it scratch up your a/c controls when it comes out.

There is no AUX plugin 3.5 mm jack for an iPod on the bose radio.

I installed this years ago to my H/U and have my XM Commander Radio plugged into it, couldn't be happier-

GM12-AUXv2

I got it because I hated the FM modulated XM radio receiver I had and using this utilizes the AUX function on our Bose factory systems, making the signal digital and CD Quality (well, if the input is CD quality).

It's plug and play, just get an iPod RCA adapter like this-

Amazon.com: Ipod® To Rca Cable: Electronics

...and run it through your dash to your center console or something where ever you want your ipod to plug into. If you do it right you could hide your iPod in the center console, make it so it sits in a cup holder, or in the glove box. Do not use a 3.5MM to RCA adapter even though they are cheaper, the sound quality will suffer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
go to best buy they sell one that ties right into the factory wiring harness. you unplug your harness plug the ipod cable harnes in and hook back up your factory harness. you can also run hd radio with this setup.. i love mine!!! its kinda pricey though but i think its def worth it

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
I had the same problem getting my radio out, the wiring harness had gotten caught and would only pull out about a couple inches. Take your ac controls out so you can get your hand up underneath behind the back of the radio when you pull it out a little bit and pinch the clips on the back and unplug the wiring harness. And no, there is no aux hook up from the factory, however I am using the iSimple Gateway and it is working well for me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the same problem getting my radio out, the wiring harness had gotten caught and would only pull out about a couple inches. Take your ac controls out so you can get your hand up underneath behind the back of the radio when you pull it out a little bit and pinch the clips on the back and unplug the wiring harness. And no, there is no aux hook up from the factory, however I am using the iSimple Gateway and it is working well for me.
That's probably the easier solution to mine, but same premise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased the USA-Spec version that was recommend by various people in this forum - do a search on it. Anyway I think it is model #PA11-GM. It goes into one of your XM outputs, so you can still use one XM if you have it. It uses your stering wheel controls and everything. Took me a few hours to install, nothing to to crazy & I love it. Oh ya it charges your ipod too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
usa-spec is the one i have also and its not that hard to hook up and works great

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I purchased the USA-Spec version that was recommend by various people in this forum - do a search on it. Anyway I think it is model #PA11-GM. It goes into one of your XM outputs, so you can still use one XM if you have it. It uses your stering wheel controls and everything. Took me a few hours to install, nothing to to crazy & I love it. Oh ya it charges your ipod too.
Being able to use the wheel controls is exactly what I wanted to know, guess I'm using some birthday money on that. Nice avatar, I'v got a 71 I'm gonna restore one day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
subscribe.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all your help.. ordered one the other day hope ti will be here soon :]

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
i got mine from best buy 150 bucks charges the ipod and controls it right from the factory radio idk what i would do without it lol

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Build one yourself.. haha. It is extremely easy. All I did was pick up the female end of an audio jack from radio shack and wire it into my XM wires. If anyone wants more info on this just PM me. I think my total cost was like 5 bucks and I get perfect CD quality sound. I found the DIY article somewhere on the Diesel Place. How it works is, XM will play just like normal when you switch it to that source. But as soon as you plug your audio cable in, XM cuts out and perfect CD quality sound comes right off your Ipod and through your speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My radio doesn't have XM, single cd. It just says band on one sideof the button and cd/aux on the other. Will the DIY mod work on it?

·
Registered
931 Posts
My radio doesn't have XM, single cd. It just says band on one sideof the button and cd/aux on the other. Will the DIY mod work on it?
I'm curious on this as well!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts