Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the mods in my signature. What benefits, if any, is there to installing a lift pump. If the benefits out way the $, I'll be all over it. Convince me.

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would say absolutely saves on cp3 and injectors just sucks there so expensive

·
Registered
314 Posts
Takes the stress off the cp3 pump, extra filtration, better throttle response. Go with the air dog if you buy one.

·
Registered
577 Posts
filtration is enough for me for the reason i am going to get one, well that and im starting to drain my rail on my 120 let alone my150 tune..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's the one I'm leaning towards. How hard are they to install?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
not too bad there is a buch of how to installs, look up flying6's build thread he has a good write up on how he did it

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
How long do you plan on keeping the truck and plans for it?

Takes stress off cp3. Blah blah blah. So many of you are an advertisers dream come true. I'm nearing 400k on stock and original cp3 and others have made well over 500k with tunes on original cp3. Stressed cp3, next there will be cp3 counselors and therapists. Bs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How long do you plan on keeping the truck and plans for it?

Takes stress off cp3. Blah blah blah. So many of you are an advertisers dream come true. I'm nearing 400k on stock and original cp3 and others have made well over 500k with tunes on original cp3. Stressed cp3, next there will be cp3 counselors and therapists. Bs.
this is right on the money :drink

·
Registered
266 Posts
^^ good to know Im doing a built trans and EFI live this summer and would really love to not have to spend another $670!

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
I'm on the fence about buying an airdog too....

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
^^ good to know Im doing a built trans and EFI live this summer and would really love to not have to spend another $670!
You need a lift pump with a built trans. You will be DRAINING your rails for sure. Throttle response is significantly better with a Air dog than without, even on a stock truck.

More filtration, positive pressure to the CP3, and better throttle response. Its a win win. Well worth the 640$.

I would recommend a Airdog o anyone with an even stock truck. Install is super easy. Need a 1/2 in fuel line quick disconnect tool and thats it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Ya know I'm gonna come out and ask a question here but it dosent make sense to me, I have a friend whom I've known since I was 12 and he is a diesel fiend, everything he owns is diesel and won't be any other way, even has a cummins tattoo on hid back lol but he is the only one who has ever told me a lift pump will hurt a cp3 on stockish duramax trucks, he then added that high performance is a very diffrent story and is a must, but the cp3 is desined to suck the fuel and in turn can hurt it. Now my mind works as how the hell is that possible? I mean u add a turbo to an engine it becomes more efficient and can last longer as long as its not excessive, I don't know what to think now

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Ya know I'm gonna come out and ask a question here but it dosent make sense to me, I have a friend whom I've known since I was 12 and he is a diesel fiend, everything he owns is diesel and won't be any other way, even has a cummins tattoo on hid back lol but he is the only one who has ever told me a lift pump will hurt a cp3 on stockish duramax trucks, he then added that high performance is a very diffrent story and is a must, but the cp3 is desined to suck the fuel and in turn can hurt it. Now my mind works as how the hell is that possible? I mean u add a turbo to an engine it becomes more efficient and can last longer as long as its not excessive, I don't know what to think now
Haha he better figure out how a Dodge is set up then. All cummins powered trucks have a factory lift pump.

There is nothing about a lift pump that is bad. He has no clue what he's talking about.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
I actually wouldent mind some words from ben on this matter

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Haha he better figure out how a Dodge is set up then. All cummins powered trucks have a factory lift pump.

There is nothing about a lift pump that is bad. He has no clue what he's talking about.

Cummins is desined to have a lift pump, duramax was desined in mind to not have one from the factory, take the lift pump off a cummins and see what happens

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Cummins/Dodge wanted the trucks to have a lift pump to prime the fuel system after a filter change etc.

GM designed the fuel system to have a primer bulb to prime the system thus saving money and not putting a lift pump on every truck off the line. Bosch doesn't require a lift pump to run the CP3, as it is designed that way to pull fuel from the tank. A fuel pump can only help you and will not damage anything.

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
Why do the vans factory lift pump only run at start up. They spent the $ to put a lift pump on the vans, but limit it to only at start up to save money?

If it is so necessary why would they spend the $ to put it on, but cut costs making it only run at start up.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I never understood why they put a factory pump on the vans? You know why?

Guess the money they saved on putting the 4L80E behind it instead of the Alli, they could put a fuel pump on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts