Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wish the side cameras came on whenever you turn the turn signal on. Of course there might be a setting I haven't found.
There is an adapter that you can plug into your trailering harness to "fake" a trailer being there. This will get you the camera views when signaling that you are looking for. You can go a search on Google or Amazon to find them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you can wait for the 2023 they will get the refresh. Nicer interior and more power. That's what I'm waiting for. 1500's change in 22'

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can't get wrapped up in the forums reading about all the L5P issues. If you spend a bunch of time on the internet reading about a car or truck, you'll think its a worthless POS that has no value. When in reality, you're reading about a few people with issues and the other hundreds of thousands of trucks are out there running just fine and they don't need to post about it on an internet forum. So there have been issues with L5Ps but people have issues with Honda Civics so big deal.

If you're worried about the mechanical reliability, then it seems it would make sense to buy the truck that's under warranty. They'll give you a 100k mile warranty on it. Since anything thats mechanical will eventually have reliability issues, why not get them fixed for free?

I'm also not inclined to believe that an LMM, LML, LBZ etc are any more reliable or unreliable than a L5P. I think people are just proud of their trucks so whatever "they" are driving is the best duramax.

So I would advise buy whatever you're most comfortable driving and maintaining.

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,859 Posts
You can't get wrapped up in the forums reading about all the L5P issues. If you spend a bunch of time on the internet reading about a car or truck, you'll think its a worthless POS that has no value. When in reality, you're reading about a few people with issues and the other hundreds of thousands of trucks are out there running just fine and they don't need to post about it on an internet forum. So there have been issues with L5Ps but people have issues with Honda Civics so big deal.

If you're worried about the mechanical reliability, then it seems it would make sense to buy the truck that's under warranty. They'll give you a 100k mile warranty on it. Since anything thats mechanical will eventually have reliability issues, why not get them fixed for free?

I'm also not inclined to believe that an LMM, LML, LBZ etc are any more reliable or unreliable than a L5P. I think people are just proud of their trucks so whatever "they" are driving is the best duramax.

Dropping some truth on us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well everyone I ordered a 2022 3500HD Crew Cab DRW and the order was accepted on Saturday October 2. Estimated arrival is around the end of January to early February but we will see. I am very excited about this ride and I imagine she will do just fine in all departments. Thank you all for your feedback and it is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
961 Posts

Some good advice.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts