Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Edge burring the truth?

I just got an edge Juice/attitude. On the xtreame diesel website, it mentions nothing about having to pay $100 for the advertised 100hp/200tq level.
Level 0: Stock
Level 1: 30 Horsepower - 60 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 2: 40 Horsepower - 80 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 3: 50 Horsepower - 90 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 4: 60 Horsepower - 100 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 5: 80 Horsepower - 130 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 6: 100 Horsepower - 200 Foot Pounds of Torque
HOT UNLOCK code required for level 6. To get the unlock code you must contact Edge Products and complete a waiver located under product updates.

Waiver does not mean $100!!! I wasn’t too worried about a waiver until I got transmission upgrades. Does waiver mean $100 to anyone? Do I have to actually go to the edge website, follow several links to read that they want to charge for the advertised hp?
Edge’s website:
GM/Dodge/Ford Drag Hot and Jammer Injector HOT UNLOCK Form

IMPORTANT: This form must be included with your returned Juice module and an Edge Products RMA number. RMA number must be written on the outside of the shipping box.

The Hot Juice upgrade or Jammer Injectors are a high performance product. It is strongly recommended that EGT gauges and boost gauges be installed with the use of these products as well as proper transmission
upgrades as recommended by a professional mechanic.

The installation of this product indicates that the BUYER has read and understands this agreement as well as the “disclaimer of liability” agreement contained at the end of this document and accepts its terms and conditions.

Even on the link where you download the form does it say you have to pay.

When I called Edge, the answer was I don’t need to send in the Juice since it’s a newer one. I just need the unlock code, so no down time.
Now I find out I have to pay.
So, the waiver must be read even if you don’t plan on using the 100 hp setting? I.e. I only wanted, at the time, 60hp till I upgraded. The wavier only applies to the 100 hp level. Now that I want the 100 hp and have to download the waiver and then find out they charge for it!?
Its listed no where on anyone’s website that you have to pay for the upgrade. This is BS and very deceptive. Do you actually have to follow several links (buried) to find the truth? Why don’t they just come out and say complete the waiver and send in the fees? That’s about 20% more costs!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lemme know what you find out as my E/A should be here in a few days.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Their reply:

Edge said sorry, pay up. You should have followed all the links and downloaded the form and read it. Poor Poor way to sell a product. I asked if its not a big deal to have it hidden, why don't they, or anyone else just put the price on the product discription insted of burring it? They said you just have to follow the links to the form and go to the page and download the from, then read it. When I said what ever, poor practice, he started arguing that I should have read the box!!! No matter how many times I said it was mail order, at least 5 times, "I have no box" he said over and over, "you should have read the box". He didn't seem to understand that concept either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
End result:
They offered to give it for 50% off.
Not really what I wanted, but took the offer, thank you Edge.
At least they did change their website to openly reflect the additional fees involved, thank you again. This should make other customers happy also.
Although not racing it on level six, it is returning increadable MPG on level 6 with easy driving.
Tech support is also great. Love talking to a real person.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Try to hand calculate the mileage with driving on level 6. Don't go by the computer if you have that option....I thought I was getting great mileage with mine until I filled up the tank. Now mine is almost always off by at least 5 mpg from what the computer shows. Glad you got through it though with edge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hand cal says 16.5 city. Pre Edge was 13 city. I even had a little more pedal in it on level 6. Very good return on mpg.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
sounds about normal....I thought I gained mileage by installing the predator, but it just turned out that the week I installed it, it stayed above 0....change in temp. Of course my mileage depends on how long I let my truck warm up....kinda got to let it warm up when it is -20F or colder. Guys with the edge seem to gain a couple MPG. I stopped being obsessed with mileage and just decided to enjoy my truck and drive it. I still calculate every tank, but that's because I want to know...not that I am in search of great mileage. Overall, I get better mileage with this truck than I ever did with either of my other 3 gasser trucks. (dakota 4.7, sierra 1500 with 5.3 and silverado 1500 with 5.3) Can't beat the power either!

Your truck is pretty new, so you might see a little increase when you get more miles on it. I have to say 16.5 with a DRW truck is pretty good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are a little scetchy about some of the details,My edge took out my Injection pump in 30k miles,but thats on this mopar.
But when I got ahold of them to see if I could untap the new pump they got all defensive,said I needed to monitor the fuel pressure,I told them I did (the attitude for dodge does that) and they told me they were not resposible for my IP,I told them I knew that...I just wanted to know about what it would do without tapping the wire,so I finally got an answer (65hp) but I still love the thing.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I don't think they're worth it. Dad has had 3 in his 05 LLy and it doesn't run very good. It runs good but shifts like crap compared to my stock LBZ. If I gotta pay an extra 100 bucks to get that extra 20 hp then I'll get something else for my truck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was surprised at how much more my lly smokes even on the mileage setting. But I do like the extra power. I had been looking at the edge for about 4 months on the internet before buying and I have seen on a few sites that it was extra for the "Hot" tune.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think they're worth it. Dad has had 3 in his 05 LLy and it doesn't run very good. It runs good but shifts like crap compared to my stock LBZ. If I gotta pay an extra 100 bucks to get that extra 20 hp then I'll get something else for my truck.

Got the Edge/Attitude on both my LLY and LMM and it's great. Your sig says nothing about upgrading the Ally so you shouldn't be running more than level 3 anyway.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
edge

Got the Edge/Attitude on both my LLY and LMM and it's great. Your sig says nothing about upgrading the Ally so you shouldn't be running more than level 3 anyway.
I bought the Xcelerator and couldn't be happier. I am runnin it on 2 til I get the tranny and lift pump. I have heard more bad than good about the edge. Dad runs his
edge on 3 and this one seems to be holding up. I got fed up b/c the dealership had to put 3 in his truck in a month and half and my cousin had 3 in his 04 lb7. I'm glad you're having goodluck with them.

Ryan

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
hey aggar you can run the ppe on setting 3 and 4 without a lift pump but after that you will need one..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts