Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Try to hand calculate the mileage with driving on level 6. Don't go by the computer if you have that option....I thought I was getting great mileage with mine until I filled up the tank. Now mine is almost always off by at least 5 mpg from what the computer shows. Glad you got through it though with edge.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
sounds about normal....I thought I gained mileage by installing the predator, but it just turned out that the week I installed it, it stayed above 0....change in temp. Of course my mileage depends on how long I let my truck warm up....kinda got to let it warm up when it is -20F or colder. Guys with the edge seem to gain a couple MPG. I stopped being obsessed with mileage and just decided to enjoy my truck and drive it. I still calculate every tank, but that's because I want to know...not that I am in search of great mileage. Overall, I get better mileage with this truck than I ever did with either of my other 3 gasser trucks. (dakota 4.7, sierra 1500 with 5.3 and silverado 1500 with 5.3) Can't beat the power either!

Your truck is pretty new, so you might see a little increase when you get more miles on it. I have to say 16.5 with a DRW truck is pretty good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts