Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a decent price on a spare FICM and the guy seems honest,, says it's a good FICM with only 100k miles. With the FICM tending to be a common issue, I figure a spare for the box of spare parts I take on trips would be a good thing.

SO does the FICM need any sort of 'flash' before it's plugged in and expected to work, or is it a plug and play as long as it's right for the 2004.5 - 2005 LLY???

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Plug n play

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
What is the common issue with the ficm?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
It's not very common for them to fail but it does happen. The injectors needing picked n the harness rubbing through are much more common issues.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Ok just making sure I didn't miss something through the years

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Dead air on the passenger side, strapped down on a hot engine to cook....?
And then you have the warning label "Don't get me wet!" on top.
(car wash engine clean/high water)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Don't ground me either. Picky little bastards

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I like my ficms well done

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like my ficms well done
Lol thats HILARIOUS. Seriously LMAO

Exactly why I'm going to grab up this one up from a local guy at a good price. The LLY FICM is showing more and more as 'no longer available' and $1300 at some places that do still have them. Thats CRAZY. Having a good one on the shelf 'just in case' for only a couple hundred bucks just sounds smart to me. I spend more than that at the car wash every year for the thing. LoL

Reactions: mray

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is the common issue with the ficm?

Chad look through the threads in this LLY section and there are quite a few indicating FICM failure. And that is ALL I'm basing this on. Not that I have ever had one fail. I just spent $200 on the used FICM 'in case'. In case = insurance that now that I have a spare, mine will NEVER fail,, and ya know what........ I think I'm OK with that.
LoL

I'll toss it in the box of idlers and spare belt, and some other 'incidentals' that goes with me when I head out of state.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.