Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a 01/DA/3500 with 124,600 on it & am in a area were the hottest temp ussally reaches 95-100.I asked earlier about the idlin pressure & it sounds like its in line what you guys are telling me,ildlin is at 20.I went to town today & it was 95.At 50-55 I looked at my oil pressure & it was only at about 40-45 at the most.Do you think its because of the high temp here or can there be something going on with the truck.The pressure levels have bene at this reading for almost 6-8 months now.I do check the oil everyday & its right on the money with no diesel in it.Do you guys think its between the mileage & temps.When I check the oil it is pretty thin on the stick.Using Rottella 15-40.When I first start the truck when its dead cold I can get between 50-55 lbs.but itll go down as the truck warms up.Any Imfo from ya would surelly help me to see if the oil pressure is OK .I know the clusters in the truck arnt very reliable but mine seem to be OK I hope.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Check your oil for diesel fuel, you may have a leaking injector.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
X2 what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
my pressure drops to 45-50 while cruising at 60-65. I am using rotellaT 5w40. It is pretty normal.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Oil pressure sounds normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts