Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How frequently should I replace the Water Separator filter on my AD II with two filters? I replace the gasoline one every 4-5 kilometres, but I never considered the other!
My system's filters need to be replaced, but they are quite expensive. Is there an off-brand I could use? I can't seem to locate an answer on Google. Thanks! Is it possible to clean the filters on one's own?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Drain your water separator when you change your fuel filter.I change my fuel filter when my light comes on.I change my water separator twice a year unless i got some bad fuel.do it this way for 200.000 miles no problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The water separator doesn't usually need to be replaced very often. I drain mine about every 10,000 miles. I have a spare laying around but I've never actually found a reason replaced it.

The water separator is part # WS100. It costs about $31 by itself on Amazon. About $55 bundled with the filter. Kind of expensive for what it is, I suppose. I've never found an aftermarket version of the water separator. There are many other options for the fuel filter, but that doesn't seem like your main concern.

I've never attempted to clean one and reuse it and would never try. My multi-thousand dollar engine deserves better.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
961 Posts
How frequently should I replace the Water Separator filter on my AD II with two filters? I replace the gasoline one every 4-5 kilometres, but I never considered the other!
My system's filters need to be replaced, but they are quite expensive. Is there an off-brand I could use? I can't seem to locate an answer on Google. Thanks! Is it possible to clean the filters on one's own?
You can get both filters at NAPA. I don’t have the numbers off the top of my head for the WIX brand from NAPA.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Fleetguard and Baldwin make them to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts