Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get a 2003 GMC 2500HD CCLB. Motor is shot but I have been told everything else is in good condition. 170k miles, with power everything. What is it worth?

I would part it out and keep the motor for my project. :rolleyes: Also keep the interior because its the Dark Gray that I have wanted for a while now.

I still have to go and look at it and see what kind of condition the body is in.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I wanted to say drop an 8.1 in it and sell it as a running truck. then i realized that was preposterous.

check quality of interior, paint, underbody, etc. make him a low offer at first. If he doesn't budge say you've got cash and if he wants to meet somewhere in the middle to call you. Start fanning 100 dollar bills and you should come out good

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
price?!?

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
Honestly the motor and interior are probably the 2 things that would sell the fastest...But for the right price it would worth it.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,906 Posts
For the proper price, and knowing that you are keeping the motor, I think it would be good to do... For the right price... That is what will be the deciding factor

Sent from my iPhone while probably driving the wrong way, not paying attention and steering with my knee

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He wants 7k for it. I would sell all of my interior of course. Also I would part the motor out of things I did not need.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Thats stout!!!! Offer him 5 and inform him it is not running so the diesel is worth squat

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
How shot is the motor exactly? You can pick up lb7 trucks with bad injectors for 7-8 around here usually.

Definitely NOT sent from my iPhone while jumping on a trampoline wearing a banana hammock..

·
Registered
843 Posts
sounds super pricey

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats stout!!!! Offer him 5 and inform him it is not running so the diesel is worth squat

Yeah I was thinking 5k was a good price.

Not sure what happen to the motor all he said was that it rattled real bad and then it just locked up.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I bought my '02 4x4 for $4500, running, although with multiple electronics issues. I wouldn't spend more than $3900 not running.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
7k is way too much. The block might not even be usable if it is damaged too much...
Offer 5k like you said because you can part off that much without a motor as is anyways.

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
IDK. I'd maybe start at 4. Tell em you are leery of the tranny being damaged by the sudden lock-up. Tell him if he pulls it and has it checked out internally you'll pay more. (He OF COURSE will not do this) giving an either/or choice heavily weighted towards your preference gives you a better shot of getting the lower price than a yes/no (Take it/Leave it) Just my .02cents. (Will send PP address to forward the extra grand I save you :D J/K)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts