Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of doing some upgrades to my 05 lly truck. I am specifically looking at the PPE Standard Tuner, EGR blocking plate, AFE Bladerunner Intake and a 4" MBRP exhaust.
Is it worth doing these upgrades if I am looking for better mileage and some more power?
Am I missing anything that I should also be considering?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
You are well on your way for great performance! Looks like you have a nice list of mods...all of which are beneficial. Also look into the LLy mouthpiece swap.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Not sure about the better mileage, but you will get more power. The mileage is very right foot dependent. I have the mods in my signature and my mileage increased a whopping 1.4mpg overall.

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Those are the top upgrades to do to a LLY. You will be very happy with the results. If you have any questions I can help with please let me know.

Thanks Tyler
MPF

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
I was thinking of doing some upgrades to my 05 lly truck. I am specifically looking at the PPE Standard Tuner, EGR blocking plate, AFE Bladerunner Intake and a 4" MBRP exhaust.
Is it worth doing these upgrades if I am looking for better mileage and some more power?
Am I missing anything that I should also be considering?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Definitely worth it. It will be a completely different truck with more power, better drivability, and improved mileage.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I have done those similar mods to my own LLY back in the day, and I can give you some first hand experience on what I thought. That is a fantastic place to start.

Before you buy the PPE, I'd look at the new Edge Cs and CTS tuners, that I have also used on my own LLY.

The tuning on the new Edge stuff is outstanding.

Please let me know if I can help.

Jess

·
Registered
240 Posts
All good ones...you will not believe how it will wake up you LLY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts