Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2018 ltz 2500 recently. Pulled the window sticker and it had the factory goose/5th prep listed. Problem is the previous owner had a Norstar bed installed and the bed that’s now on it doesn’t have the pucks. How can I tell if my goose neck prep is still under that bed without removing the bed? Any help is appreciated

· Registered
2015.5 Silverado LTZ 3500 SRW Stock truck
1,348 Posts
The prep means it comes with the holes in the box for the 5th wheel hitch.. I don't think there is anything different under the box..

· Registered
212 Posts
Have you tried crawling under the truck to see what you can see? I think the factory prep would include the drop puck mounts originally... ie not just holes in the box. You might also just call a Norstar dealer to see if typical install involves removing the puck mount system.

· Registered
212 Posts
No hitch, just holes in the bed for it..
Built For Towing: Sierra HD’s Gooseneck/ Fifth Wheel Prep Package

"Sierra Heavy Duty’s prep package starts with a factory-installed hitch platform that not only sits tightly against the top of the frame, but is actually welded to the side mounting brackets. Compared with an aftermarket hitch platform, which is usually only bolted in place, this design and construction method provides a much stiffer hitch, which reduces the likelihood of the trailer shuddering over rough roads and while braking. "

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.