Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the code p2563 and p003a. My vane positions start at 89 percent at idle ( used to be 80 until I got efi live). How can I tell if my turbo is bad ? What would I feel ? I can tell you that when I punch the gas I get around 23 psi , but coasting downhill it’s 0psi . Cruising in the highway it’s anywhere from 3-6 psi . I’ve also noticed that sometimes letting off the gas I here the whistle noise , other times I do not .

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Just googled those codes and it seems like a common issue. Clean sensors/wiring, then try replacing sensors, if that fails, turbo needs cleaned. And Blackout Performance is close to you in mount pleasant, I would contact them. Caleb is a smart guy

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just googled those codes and it seems like a common issue. Clean sensors/wiring, then try replacing sensors, if that fails, turbo needs cleaned. And Blackout Performance is close to you in mount pleasant, I would contact them. Caleb is a smart guy
I googled them as well . Was just curious if there was a a sign that would definitely say if it was actually my turbo . I tried replacing the vane position sensor with one off of amazon , but the damn thing actually set line 6 different codes . So I put the old one back in . And thanks for the suggestion of blackout performance . I’ve been trying to find a trust diesel shop

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I googled them as well . Was just curious if there was a a sign that would definitely say if it was actually my turbo . I tried replacing the vane position sensor with one off of amazon , but the damn thing actually set line 6 different codes . So I put the old one back in . And thanks for the suggestion of blackout performance . I’ve been trying to find a trust diesel shop
If anyone knows what's wrong, Caleb would. Guy has been working on only Duramax trucks for YEARS now.. He hand built my Twins when I had them and installed my triples for me. He tunes, builds trannys, etc.. Very honest guy too. He was about 2 hours away from me and I happily made the drive. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts