Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck smoking at idle took it into dealer and they said the the could say its the injectors because they are still in spec and the couldn't do a 4500 dollar injector job under speculation. and sent me on my way. Is there a way to help the injectors out. to get them done under warrant. 04 gmc 2500hd 160k don't know if they have been done or not. warranty up in oct.

·
Registered
22,443 Posts
Truck smoking at idle took it into dealer and they said the the could say its the injectors because they are still in spec and the couldn't do a 4500 dollar injector job under speculation. and sent me on my way. Is there a way to help the injectors out. to get them done under warrant. 04 gmc 2500hd 160k don't know if they have been done or not. warranty up in oct.
go to another dealer and have them do a balance rate on them. i dont think that dealer knew what they were doing.

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
Mix 10% water in your fuel.....Ha Ha Ha...!!

Seriously I don't really know what to tell you... I had the same thing on my 2002.

I smoked like a train at idle but the injectors were within specs, so I had to pay for the new ones myself.

It was not too bad because I have a buddy who gets a super deal on injectors, and it only cost me like $950 for all 8..!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts