Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like they are all pretty much the same. Is there a difference in any of the brands? Does one flow better than the others? Does one lower EGT more than others? MOST importantly does one improve sound more than others? tired of the screech at WOT

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
nah man, a pipe is a pipe is a pipe in my book :drink

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all right, just wasnt sure if maybe they had a little different bend to em or if one was less restictive than the others

Thanks

·
Vendor
10,961 Posts
The difference between the MBRP and Diamondeye is the MBRP is powder coated and the DE is wrapped with a thermal tape. They both are about the same size (3") and will help reduce your EGTs. The OEM downpipe is sorta flattened in the middle which reduces the flow some.

Hope that helps.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
They all sound and flow the same, the biggest diffrence in them is fitment. Some manufactuers have tighter tolerances so there products fit like a glove everytime and some have to be fanagled into place. You won't ever see a post about a diamond eye not fitting properly or leaking.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
price.

lol. get a 130 dollar one from rick at profabperformance. that's the route I'm gonna go when i do my 4" straight. why pay 80 dollars more for a pipe that does the same thing

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Get the ProFab pipe. Its coated, heat wrapped and costs way less than the others.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
The difference between the MBRP and Diamondeye is the MBRP is powder coated and the DE is wrapped with a thermal tape. They both are about the same size (3") and will help reduce your EGTs. The OEM downpipe is sorta flattened in the middle which reduces the flow some.

Hope that helps.
MBRP is also ceramic coated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts