Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck in because of white smoke at idle. They tell me the injectors are not bad enough to replace under the special bulliten. That they are in spec and lot leaking fuel in the oil so they wont do a 4500 dollar injector job because there is no proof its the injectors. My warranty is up in october and i would really like to have them done under warranty becuase i pretty much know that whats wrong. Is there a way to help them out

04 gmc 2500hd 160k miles and i have no knowledge of them being done

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have some smoke as well and mine is up next Feb. I only have 55K on mine. Running Ok otherwise, but i just know it will really crap out once that warranty is past.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
You can always change your injectors your self

·
Registered
686 Posts
do a post or find someone with a set of bad ones and swap urs out with the bad ones then bring it back in...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Took the truck in because of white smoke at idle. They tell me the injectors are not bad enough to replace under the special bulliten. That they are in spec and lot leaking fuel in the oil so they wont do a 4500 dollar injector job because there is no proof its the injectors. My warranty is up in october and i would really like to have them done under warranty becuase i pretty much know that whats wrong. Is there a way to help them out

04 gmc 2500hd 160k miles and i have no knowledge of them being done
I think this is bs!!!I have had mine changed three times and all I had to say was, Its smoking,loss of power,bad fuel mileage.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Maybe try a different dealer.

PS dont forget to complain that usually helps....GoodLuck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just dropped mine off today ot see about getting the injectors replaced with 122k. It was smoking and harder to start than usual. I have until end of August to get it covered under warranty.

·
Registered
103 Posts
sound like the dealer is full of it, they are just trying to string you out till your warranty is out and then stick you with a huge bill that will actually show up as profit for them. that is under warranty and there are no specs given in the warranty coverage statement, tell that guy to go F--K himself.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
:that what he said. try another dealer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys, I just got my Duramax back and I am the proud owner of 8 new injectors. They said that the third injector they checked failed so they replaced them all. It starts up like a dream and is more responsive. Aside from $108 for a fuel filter they said they couldnt check my truck w/o replacing it. I call BS on that but I still got a hell of a deal with the free injectors im happy so far. Ive heard of guys pouring several ounces of diesel in the oil then follow with a little oil so it doesnt look obvious will help get your injectors fixed. Not quite ethical but paying for new injectors is not a drop in the bucket either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have white smoke while idling also. I ahve been to two different dealers who both want to charge $2600 per bank with nothing coming from the warranty. I have written GMC to see what they say. Nothing back yet. It's no wonder General Motors was having financial problems, they don't take care of their customers.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
do a post or find someone with a set of bad ones and swap urs out with the bad ones then bring it back in...

You must have never done or looked at injectors on a LB7! Cause if you go through all that work, and not put good ones in you can not possibly be right in the head:rolleyes:

Crack fries the Brain!!
:drink

·
Registered
915 Posts
Make sure when the dealership checks your balance rates your motor is warmed up not cold. alot of times bad injectors wont be out of spec if the motor is cold. this is why the sneaky bastards at the dealership want you to leave it with them for the day so they can let it cool off and then check the rates once its cold. demand that you want the rates checked when its warmed up to normal operating temp. :)

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
I have white smoke while idling also. I ahve been to two different dealers who both want to charge $2600 per bank with nothing coming from the warranty. I have written GMC to see what they say. Nothing back yet. It's no wonder General Motors was having financial problems, they don't take care of their customers.
What year Duramax do you have?

The special policy only covers the injectors for 200,000 miles or 7 years from the day it was bought.

My guess is you are out of time.

Please fill in your signature so we can see what truck you are running with what mods!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

04 gmc 2500hd 160k miles and i have no knowledge of them being done[/QUOTE

This is my first post it says the year and miles of my vehicle. I am under the special warranty until october.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let me know what they say that might have to be my next step. unfortanatly

·
Registered
880 Posts
take it somewhere else mine were changed 3 times before i owned the truck. lucky me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts