Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
that plate seems kinda thin for a blocker plate, but it could be, hard to say what it is without seeing it removed. based on the second picture, id say it might be, though i dont see anything in the second picture that distinctly says deleted. The rubber cap is a resonator delete, which does nothing but remove some clutter, and it looks like a PCV rerout maybe, but again, both of those can be done with, or without an EGR delete. Looking at pictures of other LLY EGR coolers, they dont seem to have that tab, and im not able to find any pictures of factory seals that look like that, so if i had to guess id say its a very low quality EGR blocker plate, based on the wiring mess on top of the engine, im guessing that a lot of care and forethought was not previously put into that truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that plate seems kinda thin for a blocker plate, but it could be, hard to say what it is without seeing it removed. based on the second picture, id say it might be, though i dont see anything in the second picture that distinctly says deleted. The rubber cap is a resonator delete, which does nothing but remove some clutter, and it looks like a PCV rerout maybe, but again, both of those can be done with, or without an EGR delete. Looking at pictures of other LLY EGR coolers, they dont seem to have that tab, and im not able to find any pictures of factory seals that look like that, so if i had to guess id say its a very low quality EGR blocker plate, based on the wiring mess on top of the engine, im guessing that a lot of care and forethought was not previously put into that truck.
Your right about the care and forethought. It seems to have the most common mods but poorly executed. You should see how the airdog is mounted.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Your right about the care and forethought. It seems to have the most common mods but poorly executed. You should see how the airdog is mounted.

please tell me zip ties and or bailing wire are involved.... I would bet that that truck is deleted, but id also bet its with a 50$ kit from ebay that is terrible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts