Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first of all this is my first post so if im doing anything wrong please advise me. I am looking at a 2003 silverado 2500hd crew cab short box lb7 duramax at my local dealer. Its the fully loaded, slt package with leather interior, tow pkg ect.. It has 127,000kms (78000mi) on it and has zero rust, scratches, dents or chips. The interior is mint as well. The only things wrong with it is: worn idler arm, slight leak where the lower tranny line meets cooler, blower motor relay and rear brake rotors are starting to wear. They have it listed for $21,995(canadian) and i went in and bartered with them and they told me if i traded in my car (value $5600) they would give it to me for $16,600 and $19,035 after taxes and fees all said and done. I was just looking for input and peoples opinions on whether or not its worth that price. I was thinking if it is worth that i would barter a little more and get them to fix all 4 of the issues as that price. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
291 Posts
That high but again I'm in the states. The most I've seen that like truck here in NY is maybe 14k.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The LB7's are nice trucks, ask if it has the original injectors. If not plan on $3000-$4000 repair at some point. Ask to see the injector balance rates. Might give you some more bargaining power.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Kinda high for a 11 year old truck even though it is in good condition. Definitely ask about the injectors since if they go that's $3000+ to swap them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts