Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first of all this is my first post so if im doing anything wrong please advise me. I am looking at a 2003 silverado 2500hd crew cab short box lb7 duramax at my local dealer. Its the fully loaded, slt package with leather interior, tow pkg ect.. It has 127,000kms (78000mi) on it and has zero rust, scratches, dents or chips. The interior is mint as well. The only things wrong with it is: worn idler arm, slight leak where the lower tranny line meets cooler, blower motor relay and rear brake rotors are starting to wear. They have it listed for $21,995(canadian) and i went in and bartered with them and they told me if i traded in my car (value $5600) they would give it to me for $16,600 and $19,035 after taxes and fees all said and done. I was just looking for input and peoples opinions on whether or not its worth that price. I was thinking if it is worth that i would barter a little more and get them to fix all 4 of the issues as that price. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
290 Posts
not sure what they go for up there but even considering the low miles it seems a little high. I bet the injectors have never been done, could end up costing you another 2k-5k in the near future. I love my lb7 but for that money I would buy a higher mileage lbz than a low mileage lb7.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sean,

My LB7 made it to 199k miles on the factory injectors. I'm on 130k miles on the second set! Not all LB7's injectors go out early.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

-Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Injectors are good i had a pre purchase inspection done including a balance test. Just hoping theyre not only a couple thousand away from starting to go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
$15k if injectors are good
That number is not realistic for a truck with less than 100k miles. I would say if its loaded, has less than 100k on it and they are willing to fix the issues for 21 its not a bad deal. Lots of guys want 18-20k for trucks with more miles and while they wont admit it they prolly have similar issues.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That number is not realistic for a truck with less than 100k miles. I would say if its loaded, has less than 100k on it and they are willing to fix the issues for 21 its not a bad deal. Lots of guys want 18-20k for trucks with more miles and while they wont admit it they prolly have similar issues.
His question was "whats an average price you guys would pay for it?"
I answered his question. That's what I would pay for an 11+ year old truck from up north.

·
Registered
231 Posts
His question was "whats an average price you guys would pay for it?"
I answered his question. That's what I would pay for an 11+ year old truck from up north.
Not to derail the thread... But i have had my eyes peeled looking for a standard cab long bed lb7 for some time now. I realize that I am not as far North as the OP but I can tell you that usually a CCSB will be more costly than a RCLB. And if I found a regular cab with 78k on it for 15k dollars I would have smoke rolling off my tires to go get it. I'm not trying to be rude, just saying that decent diesel trucks don't sell cheap around me

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not to derail the thread... But i have had my eyes peeled looking for a standard cab long bed lb7 for some time now. I realize that I am not as far North as the OP but I can tell you that usually a CCSB will be more costly than a RCLB. And if I found a regular cab with 78k on it for 15k dollars I would have smoke rolling off my tires to go get it. I'm not trying to be rude, just saying that decent diesel trucks don't sell cheap around me
I know price varies on location, when i said north i was referring to weather. assuming the truck has been in canada its whole life, i find it hard to believe after 11 winters of snow and salt that it has no rust or anything. wonder if the cab corners or rockers have been done, or if its full of bondo? i don't trust dealers lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know price varies on location, when i said north i was referring to weather. assuming the truck has been in canada its whole life, i find it hard to believe after 11 winters of snow and salt that it has no rust or anything. wonder if the cab corners or rockers have been done, or if its full of bondo? i don't trust dealers lol
Agreed, seeing as how I put a whole new tailgate on my truck this fall. No one should trust dealers. I worked at one through high school and they should NOT be trusted!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The truck was garage kept during the winters and only used in the summers to haul his 5th wheel (hence the low kms). It was an elderly man who owned it since new and recently traded it in on a brand new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts