Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what my signature says, been a while since i think i updated it, but basically, all i got is the LLY with EFI live DSP5 from duramaxtuner, an AFE intake elbow, and exhaust. now, when on any level over 3 and when i am going about highway speeds, 45 MPH +, when in 5th gear and i floor it to get around someone, the truck never down shifted and then BOOM, it slammed into i believe 3rd of 4th gear and through a code. so i slow down to a light, and then i get going and there was no 1st or second. it felt like just 4th or something. i have had this done a few other times. does this mean that the tranny just went into limp mode? and does this happen to anyone else? do i got a TC going out?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You limped the tranny. Start saving for a tranny upgrade.

·
Registered
533 Posts
^^^ye what he said! haha 5th cant hold much power compared to the others especcialy the 4-5 and 5-4 shifts. cycle your key a few times and it should go away. may have to clear codes depends.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i just shut it off for a few min and it went away. so atleast its limping it. (i know thats not good to do) but atleast im not expierencing something very tragic. now that i have limped it before, more then once, is it just messing up my tranny more and more?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yes each time you do more damage. How much longer it will last is anyone's guess. Best bet is to go to stock & save for a tranny rebuild.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Congrats on the limp!!! Now you have an excuse to get a new tranny!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts