Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tearing her down to change injectors. is the heat color okay on the rocker arms? injector from cyl. 3 had damaged o-ring, what would cause that? i dont think it happend from pulling it because the part of the injector that is sealed in the cup had lots of oil on it. im done taking apart pass side, no pulled cups yet:rockin. hope my injectors get here tomorrow so i can have this thing running this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
all the rocker arms i have ever seen(including my own) look like that, i would assume that is from the install. when i pulled mine i found one o ring that had rolled out of the groove during the previous dealership injector swap before i got it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these are the factory injectors, so the dealer told me when they looked it up. can anything happen if they do tear on the install?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Curious, how many miles on these original OEM injectors?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
looks fine to me, your lucky i pulled 5 cups when doin mine, plus now my truck wont run right!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got it back together last night and it runs the same as with the old injectors. runs rough like its missing and still smokes just not as much. im lost as what to do next other then a new fuel filter, i haven't changed it in a while.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
haha yup same thing mine did!

what injectors did you put back in?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got a set of remans from a guy in florida another guy off here referd me to. $1000 for the set and im having the same problems. what is your truck doing?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
my truck smokes so bad! worse way worse then before, and it lopes hard and runs like sh!t,

then it goes into a huge injector knock kinda like 1 of them is stuck open and washing my cylinder walls, once that happens i get alot of blow by! so gm is checkin that out haha, im 99% that i have a bad injector back in there,

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
and for that reason i buy gm remans for $260 each, well worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
yupp Delong is right, here they are $280/ inj for the new ones, well the reman ones, i wish i would ahve just dont taht instead of using mine and my buddies after they were both tested b/c it runs worse now then before, and the only diff is the injectors were tested and moved! and i used 4 of mine and 4 of his,

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you are in the process of changing out the injectors it would be a good time to check the adjustment on the rockers. Is it heard of that these may loose adjustment or even need to be checked at a certan interval ?

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
i check mine whenever its apart

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
i checked a few and they were all right

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think i may have left one injector washer in the cup because its not on the injector i took out and the other 7 are. and i know for sure i used four new ones on that side.:confused:... would it run if i did have two in one cup?? im just not sure if this is what happend or not, i dont really wanna tear it down again but i think i might have to. its not smoking as bad as with the original injectors, just a little bit. maybe oil getting down through the injector?

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
I think It should still run fine even with 2 washers in there.....

I sure hope it is not a bad injector.....If it is I am going to feel real bad for recommending them to you!!

I have had my problems with doing injectors as well, but it was because I did not install them right.

The last time I changed a set everything went like clockwork though! :drink

Good luck to both you guys! ....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts