Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Date Code

Walmart's brand is what I've been using and have had no issues. As long as the DEF has a current date code it's all the same stuff. 32.5% urea to water.
What does the date code on Walmart Supertech DEF represent manufacture date or drop dead date?

·
Registered
23 Posts
MFG date.

There are charts out there on the web that will tell you the life expectancy at given temperatures, the hotter its stored at, the shorter the life. I opted to user the Supertech from Walmart because I know they go trough it pretty regularly so it is likely to always be fresh.
I do keep 2.5 Gal at the house and I should probably use that bottle within the next 6 mo.
I will not buy it from HD or Auto parts stores as I do not know how long its been on the shelf, and absolutely will not buy it off of Amazon as you know that has likely been on a shelf for months to years...
I don't have an at the pump station close by so Wallyworld is the best option for me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
same as others,,wally world def. no problems and dates on the jugs are curent.plus its cheap

·
Registered
15 Posts
Because many of us live in the country and work in the country and don’t have access to bulk that’s why we use Walmart!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have used Tractor Supply store brand for a while with no issues. Now using Bucee's station for pumped DEF. Again, no issues.
Buc ee's sells DEF inside also. its 6.81 with TAX (yesterday) it is the SAME bottle as the Walmart comes in except its white Same exact funnel as well.... and it is less than WalMart ... if you have a Buc ee's close that doesn't have it at the pump.
They turn it over pretty fast as well. so it has to be fresh I would think.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I mainly used Walmart brand in my 2011 Duramax which had 115K on it when traded for my current 2018, which has only had Walmart brand.
Almost all my usage is towing a 20K Fifthwheel so it burns thru it's share of DEF and no issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My DEF tank needs its first refill. So I went to Walmart to get the Peak brand Blue stuff I see advertised for about $12.75 for 2.5 gallons. I noticed on the self next to it the Walmart brand for $7.88 per 2.5 gallons. Same specifications on both and big difference in price.

Do any of you guys have a good reason to use the Peak DEF and NOT USE the Walmart DEF?
I've been using it for years. No issues.

·
Registered
121 Posts
173k miles nice. I wonder how these trucks do after 200k with all the emissions garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wally World DEF, 2019 GMC 3500 up and down 8,800 ft mountains w/ 17k toy hauler. Almost all my miles are towing and no issues. Buy what ever you like/afford

·
Registered
8 Posts
As long as it's got the ISO 22241 stamp on it and it has a date on the jug so you can make sure you're not getting old stuff, should be good to go.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts