Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a full LBZ intake/airbox on their LLY? Ive posted this question on the other forums and I'm just trying to get as much help as possible.

Here is the cliffs:

-LMM airbox bought off facebook with a supposedly new filter from December installed, airbox modified to fit LBZ/LLY Maf sensor
-MAF sensor scaled by ATP to fit LBZ/LMM intake
-When I drive on my race tune and make hard runs, filter minder shows red and eventually completely red indicating either dirty filter or not enough air

-Cut a hole in the side of my fender well like people have suggested to opened up more air flow.....still get red on the filter minder if I drive hard on my race tune

-Do PPE-like airbox mod to open up the airbox to pull air from behind the passenger side headlight, still see red if i make hard runs on the race tune.

I never had the filter minder problem when I was running the stock LLY airbox.

So any suggestions?

I will upload some pics showing my set up

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
348 Posts
If it is not hurting performance don't worry about the filter minder. If so. Either buy a proper CAI for your truck or put the original one back on.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think its hurting performance. Though I do blow black smoke when my turbo spools but that's normal right?

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
I put on an AFE CAI along with my LBZ mouthpiece and let atp know when i got my tunes and have had no problems. And yes a little smoke before the turbo lights is completely normal. If youre not losing performance then i wouldnt worry too much.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah like I said. I'm not noticing any performance loss. Ive just always heard people say to pay attention to the filter minder haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.