Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my CEL still wont go away, ive cleared it and cleared it so many times it aint funny. its the code P0098. i know what the code is cause ive looked it up and i still cant figure out how i can make it go away. can someone please help me out on this, the light is gonna drive me insane.:help:help:help

·
Registered
617 Posts
check the wiring on your air intake sensor. Saw same post in another forum and the wiring was the issue. It melted.

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the wire is fine, what else could it be then? this lil bitty light is driving me insane.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Have you checked continuity across the IAT sensor to make sure it isn't open?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
do you have a multimeter, or at least a basic ohmmeter?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
hahaha. A meter that is used to check wiring. It usually has a red and a black lead on it, and usually has a dial in the middle. oh man, this is gonna be tough hahaha:)

·
Registered
785 Posts
You need to take your truck to the dealer and have them look at it for you. A multimeter is a electrical tool used to measure volts, ohms, test diodes, etc. If you do not have one of these or know how to use it, you may cause yourself more headaches than you have now. The information I found you in the other post about this, you need a multimeter to do the testing.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
^^^^X2 good point. I was thinkin the same, didn't wanna say it though.

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yea, i always just called it a volt on meter. brought up too far in the country gimme a break.lol but yes i have one.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
alright, easy enough then. Put the meter on the "ohms" setting and just put your leads across the 2 terminals on the sensor. Let me know what your meter is reading and I will let you know if the sensor is OK or not.

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok. wont be able to do this till tomorrow evening if not saturday morning though. goin home for easter so ill be able to do it there.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
let us know, and we'll get ya squared away. or at least pointed in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
cheap, and if you are slow, maybe 5 minutes. haha seriously though, they are easy.

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sounds good to me. after doin my DP today i dont think i can tackle anything as hard again without losing it. ill let you know when i get home.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts