Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insanity.........

.I stopped by the Chevrolet dealer to pick up some DEF Fluid and noticed a new diesel sitting on the apron..

Sales Man came out..Said " Nice truck isnt it"

I said yeah identical to mine...

He then proceeded to tell me they were selling these trucks at $ 5000 Dollars Over MSRP..

Wait..what...So this Silverado 1/2 Ton stickers @ $ 55,000 and your selling them @ $ 60,000 Dollars..

Yep No Negotiation...Cant get them..

What a sad state of affairs........................

·
Registered
713 Posts
Our dealer doesn't have a single new Chevrolet on the lot. Every dealer around here is a mass of used cars. Honda seems to be the only ones here with a few new vehicles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our dealer doesn't have a single new Chevrolet on the lot. Every dealer around here is a mass of used cars. Honda seems to be the only ones here with a few new vehicles.
So The American Manufacturers have relied on the Chinese to supply chips..What ..we cant build state of the art factories.. we need to get our head out of our........ss

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whats worse is if you can get one, its garbage. Just do a little digging on what Chevy and GM are putting out there. 3 out of 5 trucks are back in the dealership for major service issues within 3000 miles. The Duramax trucks are eating the "allison" transmissions and whatever garbage injectors alive, and the gas trucks are grenading top ends like its WW2. FAR too many stories of people buying a new HD or light duty truck and having it in the shop literally sitting waiting on parts for more days than the owners have been able to drive them. Its bad.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
950 Posts
Whats worse is if you can get one, its garbage. Just do a little digging on what Chevy and GM are putting out there. 3 out of 5 trucks are back in the dealership for major service issues within 3000 miles. The Duramax trucks are eating the "allison" transmissions and whatever garbage injectors alive, and the gas trucks are grenading top ends like its WW2. FAR too many stories of people buying a new HD or light duty truck and having it in the shop literally sitting waiting on parts for more days than the owners have been able to drive them. Its bad.
What you been smoking? Everyone i talk to really likes thier new truck. Sure there have been stories out but haven’t heard nothing like what you say. The L5P is by far the best duramax made yet. Oh by the way GM doesn’t make the injectors either.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ya... And guess who makes the injectors? Denso... Know which manufactures heavily use Denso products? Toyota and Lexus, consistently the highest rated in the reliability department.
I'm keeping my l5p

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
My local dealer has a 2022 Denali HD Dually loaded up and they want $12,500 over sticker. They won't go a dollar less. However, they did offer me $5,000 over what I paid for my truck new and it's almost two years old and has nearly 40,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali
66 Posts
I was quoted $25,000 mark-up on a 2021 GAS truck from a dealer in southern CA. I laughed at him and hung up.
I was quoted $5000 mark-up to order a truck at my local dealer. This dealer also had a Corvette on the showroom floor with a $39,995 mark-up on it. MSRP was $82K, they wanted $122K, just under 49% mark-up. Insane

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do apologize, I over reacted due to watching and reading too many horror stories. Im still going ahead and getting mine! It should be on the ground any day now. 2022 AT4 Duramax 2500 in black.

Edit: I did get a very good deal on mine, once its on the ground and I take delivery I will share where I found it, word gets out the deal I got their phones are gonna ring off the hook lol.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I was quoted $25,000 mark-up on a 2021 GAS truck from a dealer in southern CA. I laughed at him and hung up.
I was quoted $5000 mark-up to order a truck at my local dealer. This dealer also had a Corvette on the showroom floor with a $39,995 mark-up on it. MSRP was $82K, they wanted $122K, just under 49% mark-up. Insane
Well cali passed some recent stoopid law... i think 85.... not only that but cali
.....ugh such a pain in my ass

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've been poking around the net and there are still plenty of trucks out there priced at or below MSRP. Some dealers are just trying to hit home runs while inventories are down and new deliveries are so strung out.

They'll obviously try to get all they can get out of a truck on the lot but they have virtually no reason not to offer a discount if that's what it takes to get the deal done when someone is ordering a new truck. If you're looking to order a new truck and the dealer is trying to mark it up over MSRP, just head for the door to find another dealer. Most of them have to be pretty hungry right now so even a small deal is better than no deal at all.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I've been poking around the net and there are still plenty of trucks out there priced at or below MSRP. Some dealers are just trying to hit home runs while inventories are down and new deliveries are so strung out.

They'll obviously try to get all they can get out of a truck on the lot but they have virtually no reason not to offer a discount if that's what it takes to get the deal done when someone is ordering a new truck. If you're looking to order a new truck and the dealer is trying to mark it up over MSRP, just head for the door to find another dealer. Most of them have to be pretty hungry right now so even a small deal is better than no deal at all.
Get off bing or yahoo... cause that markup chit been going on for over 9 months now....where ya gonna go.... ford.... 9 month wait...fca... 11 months...

Now while i may not agree with it... if u didnt order... you gonna pay...if u want it now.

We cant build them fast enough...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Get off bing or yahoo... cause that markup chit been going on for over 9 months now....where ya gonna go.... ford.... 9 month wait...fca... 11 months...

Now while i may not agree with it... if u didnt order... you gonna pay...if u want it now.

We cant build them fast enough...
Yeah I'm pretty aware of how long the markup has been going on. And it's not even anything new. Hard to find vehicles have had a premium tacked on for many years now.

I'm just saying I see trucks advertised online at or below MSRP. You don't think so?

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty aware of how long the markup has been going on. And it's not even anything new. Hard to find vehicles have had a premium tacked on for many years now.

I'm just saying I see trucks advertised online at or below MSRP. You don't think so?
No...

I know of 2 members on here who sold 2020's for 10k more than what they owed.. 3 other's who sold 2021's for 12k more..

Watching guys at work dump the T1 trucks ... then have another built 2 days later...

Ya know if I wanted to be a pimp... I would just order a truck every week... walk up front.. hand my papers over ...and leave friday with a new truck... and sell it.

Wash rinse and repeat and make 2k every week...

Maybe i should... maybe even hotshot them...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I definitely got a what I would call a "fair" deal on this 2022. But not without a fair bit of swimming with some sharks here and there. Granted, I still don't have it...should be here before November. But I had more than one dealership give me MSRP pricing then just as I was ready to put the deposit down they show me the sale order and the price of the truck is over 90k...some were up front about the mark up, others tried to be sketchy and disguise the mark up as some kind of bogus "package" of some sort I would be required to add on. Walk from those, the trucks can be had at or near MSRP if you're patient.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts