Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to change my fuel filter guys! Do you guys have a particular one to use? Also I plan on buying the WIF wrench.

Any information you can give for instructions is great this will be my first time.....

Kirk :rockin

·
Registered
303 Posts
I get mine from autozone because thats the cheapest ive found them and on my LLY i would have to just sit either on the engine or get a stool and make sure to eat your wheaties for some added strength but sometimes they come off pretty easy with not much force!

·
Registered
686 Posts
they say the wix at napa is a great one ,

im trying the AFE right now....

wrench is a must 12 bucks on ebay shipped

real easy to do drop the inner fender trim , u can do it with out taking it out but its tight...

use a lil 2 stroke oil on the new o rings when seeding them so they seal tight...

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
they say the wix at napa is a great one ,

im trying the AFE right now....

real easy to do drop the inner fender trim , u can do it with out taking it out but its tight...

use a lil 2 stroke oil on the new o rings when seeding them so they seal tight...

I need to buy one of these for sure because the channel locks are not the most smartest way to remove the WIF sensor

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I need to buy one of these for sure because the channel locks are not the most smartest way to remove the WIF sensor
thats all ive ever used....wif wrench is nice but damn huh?:rof

·
7,336 Posts
yep usually shrink wrapped to the new one,two o rings,thats it

·
Registered
177 Posts
i have bought my fuel filters from auto zone, steel casing, and new o rings. 26.99 you don't need a wrench just grab it from under your wheel well and put a little muscle into your turn, piece of cake.....

·
Registered
784 Posts
you can change it thru the topside just remove the intake hose (filter box to mouthpiece) and it's right there!

·
Registered
177 Posts
you can change it thru the topside just remove the intake hose (filter box to mouthpiece) and it's right there!

you are correct but you can get a better grip on the filter from the wheel well, at least i can due to the fact that my truck has a 6" lift......

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I get mine from autozone because thats the cheapest ive found them
Really? Cheaper than $30 each with tax? What brad was this?

OR less than about 3 bucks less than that on our site, shipped :D

i have bought my fuel filters from auto zone, steel casing, and new o rings. 26.99 .
So roughly $29 with tax, for a bottom of the barrel filter? Is it worth saving a dollar to short yourself of the best out there?

WIX Fuel Filters

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
If you want the best fuel filter for your Duramax, go with the new Coalescer filter made by Racor for GM. It lasts up to twice as long as regular fuel filters and does a better job of water separation. You will pay a few more bucks for it initially, but if you do the math, you are actually saving since it lasts up to twice as long. Add an extra filter and you will save even more. Here is a link with more info, we also carry the PPE wrench if you need one of those.

Duramax Maintenance

·
Registered
589 Posts
i bought the set of 2 from husker and also bought their wif wrench. should be here tom. i'd go with them

·
7,336 Posts
If you want the best fuel filter for your Duramax, go with the new Coalescer filter made by Racor for GM.
i use them and they are great!!Racor or Delco is all I use

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
WIX filters.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
boy oh boy, there comes that "best" word again.. With all the scientific research to backup all the bogus claims of being "twice as good"

Wait... there is no third party testing going on here to support the claims... silly me :rolleyes:

Best-Smest. Save some money and get the most popular, BEST selling filter for 9 years now on the Duramax.

WIX 3960

1 - 20 of 29 Posts