Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my oil changed a few days ago and ever since ive had the typewriter syndrome.lol but ive never had it before this oil change...i was just wondering if this is common?the truck has 9400 miles and this is currently the 2nd oil change.ive read up on this topic i was just wondering if u guys had anything that might help me rid my truck of this noise..

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
typewritter tick is from the injectors.

try a half quart (26 gallon tank, more if you have 34) of 2 cycle oil on your next fillup and see if it goes away ;)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha i might have to try that how does this work?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Make sure it is the tcw3 2 cycle oil. You can get the supertech brand at walmart for about 10 dollars a gallon. I use it and it does quiet down the motor.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
I may have to try this

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
It for sure works. We've been doing this for years guys. Its no secret. There are also claims of a little Mpg improvement but my results are off and on and not noticeable.

·
Registered
148 Posts
had my oil changed a few days ago and ever since ive had the typewriter syndrome.lol but ive never had it before this oil change...i was just wondering if this is common?the truck has 9400 miles and this is currently the 2nd oil change.ive read up on this topic i was just wondering if u guys had anything that might help me rid my truck of this noise..
I think he maybe talking about the typewriter tick coming from bottom side of the engine? I started noticing it at my first oil change also. In my case, I'm thinking it might have something to do with going to synthetic? Sounds strange I know, but this started happening as soon as I got the factory oil out.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah guys i tried the 2 cycle today and so far the typewriter is still typing away....lol but ill give it a little time...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had it through my first two oil changes using non-synthetic oil Went to Amsoil on my last oil change and the tick went away. Not saying it's the Amsoil. It could be just coincidence.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well as of right now i have 98 percent on the oil life and it seems like the tick is the same maybe a little louder im not too sure..im kinda concerned.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine does this so bad especially at cold start up. I thought that I had a valve problem, but when I asked about it on this forum I was shown the bulletin from GM. I guess it's normal.:saywhat

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
The tick in the bottom end by the driverside tire is the tick in the bulliten. Is it random like that??

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I use the super tech 8 2 cycle from walk mart very cheap

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it really sucks i absolutely hate it!i dumped a little 2 cycle in it nothin really happened...i just dumped in some howes diesel treatment.dont know if that will do anything but i had been using it prior to the tick.and i just recently stopped using it since the temps are warming up...i just noticed to it seems like it actually has a faster ticking sound than i previously noticed...do u think i should be concerned?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Can you hear it on the passenger side??? Check it out by the driversied front tire. Right behind it and see if it is more noticeable. Mine has done it for the last 30,000 miles with no issues

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i can preety much hear it on both sides not as bad on passenger side but it is audible...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts