Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, needing some insight if this sou is like a good stand point. Attempting to do a fixxerup. But, seems like I'm having a hard time! I cant seem to find a LML w/ a JAMO 5" exhaust! I'm in luck and found a genie who granted me a wish and my truck is getting its training wheels and urea "cancer" deleted!

But, I'm having some concerns!!! Were going w/ simple single tune (low to stock), 5" JAMO exhaust, blocker plates, and ["Fass 165gph" w/ sump"]

Why???? Isnt that worse than a smaller FASS System?
( FYI, yes for other ppl who will say "cp3, conversion," I'm undergoing a process of building a house. So, I herd about the news and figured it's time to bite the bullet! Thanks!!!

Registered
What's your question?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't a Fass 165GPH be too big for something that isnt going to be pushing ALOT OF HP? Also, other than noise, why a sump? That's taking even more money out the better mods rainy day funds

Premium Member
Nah you don鈥檛 need a 165. It鈥檚 waaay overkill. Fo 95 or 100 tops. Or Kennedy single or double.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
See that is what I figured! This was his response when i asked him Fass95 vs Fass165...

" Do 165GPH....little to no price difference and much more fuel flow. The 1/4 tank issue is from folks improperly installing pickup tube. I recommend doing a sump with fass. It鈥檒l prevent that鈥檚 from happening and also gravity feeds pump and makes the fass life easier"

I feel like that's wayy too much! Unless I was pushing more power! But, wouldn't a 165GPH make me smoke more ?

Premium Member
Ya more fuel without more power (burning it) just means more fuel returned to the tank causing heat. It鈥檚 all a gimmick and in my opinion is not needed. As for the sump-its also take it or leave it. It certainly doesn鈥檛 hurt. But the condition in which starvation happens when the tank is running low is rare. I make it a point to fill at half a tank. Don鈥檛 forget that fuel treatment too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
So if it was already ordered, what could help compensate for the difference? Higher tune? Bigger tune? Cp3?

Thanks again everyone! For all the opinions! Anything helps!

Premium Member
To fully utilize the supply that a 165 provides you can add the following:

Dual fuel pumps
4 turbos
Complete top and bottom build
Custom tuning
Custom combustion timing
Custom fuel system

Then maybe, just maybe you will use close to the 165 gallons per hour. Provided you are pulling a tractor sled at 4K rpm the entire time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Okay. So is there anyone around who has a JAMO exhuast? I've never herd 1 before (especially on LML)? I originally wanted Diamond Eye. But, in these times beggars cant be choosers

Registered
Wouldn't a Fass 165GPH be too big for something that isnt going to be pushing ALOT OF HP? Also, other than noise, why a sump? That's taking even more money out the better mods rainy day funds

that flow is several times more than you need, however it also wont hurt anything. You could drop it down to the 95, and you would see no changes in performance, however if you already have the 165, run it.

Registered
I've installed a few jamo exhausts they fit nice. A straight pipe will sound the same across the board. Imo the jamos have fit better than diamond eye

Registered
Okay. So is there anyone around who has a JAMO exhuast? I've never herd 1 before (especially on LML)? I originally wanted Diamond Eye. But, in these times beggars cant be choosers
I installed a JAMO aluminized 5" straight exhaust on my 15' LML a couple months ago, installation and fitment was right on, sounds great as well. My biggest concern is how it will hold up to corrosion, I'm in Wisconsin so lots of salt on the roads in the winter. Probably would have been better off with stainless steel but oh well, I could have also painted it but we'll see how it does.

Registered
I can tell you up here with my FloPro stainless steel exhaust it's all discoloured and tarnished after a winter season.

Registered
I've always ran aluminized exhausts. I'm in the Bottom of va mountains in the valley or top of the mountain wv. Seen plenty of salt and all have held up great. Had it on my last truck 5 years

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I was set with wanting a DIAMOND EYE(cheaper too) but was wanting to hear a video of Jamo 5 " on an LML if possible. PM me

Registered
I installed a JAMO aluminized 5" straight exhaust on my 15' LML a couple months ago, installation and fitment was right on, sounds great as well. My biggest concern is how it will hold up to corrosion, I'm in Wisconsin so lots of salt on the roads in the winter. Probably would have been better off with stainless steel but oh well, I could have also painted it but we'll see how it does.
I bet the aluminumized tubing will hold up better. Stainless looses some of its corrosion resistance as the temperature increases so long term its likely to still discolor from the salt.

Registered
I have a 4" downpipe back Jamo with muffler. It is quiet and I have no issues. I do have to take the polished stainless end off when I put the camper on because the frame mount tie-downs won't clear it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts