Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one and which one is the best? I am thinking about getting a supercharged Sea Doo. My cousin has one and that thing has 500hrs and not a single problem. Post some pics if you got em.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I had a seadoo rxp. I put the stage 3 riva kit on it. it was fun and fast as hell. I bought it with 10 hours on it and sold it with 300 hours on it. Seadoo is a real good choice. I got gps on mine going 85mph

·
Registered
168 Posts
we have 2 sea doo gtxdi's and theyve been relativley reliable. there like a boat though maintinence is everything. ive heard good things about hondas too though. i rode one of those supercharged sea doo's and man they get doowwnn. its almost scary when you get up full speed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have a 2000 seadoo gtx special edition, its the 2 stroke model. i have stayed right next to or infront of all the new ones that i have race:) it runssss...and it is pretty reliable, but you have to stay caught up on the maintance

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 1994 sea doo xp, runs great. It's in the shop for the first time getting the internal drive fixed, I never greased it my fault. I would recomend it

·
Registered
422 Posts
my family has had 6 sea doos through out the years starting in 92 im pretty sure. we now have a 02 xp and a 02 gtx they both have 70+ hours or so since we are always out skiing they arent ridden much. but they are pretty fun. sea doo is the only way to go the others feel like your on a boat hardly get wet are heavy and hard to whip around. the yamahas are nice for towing skiers or what ever you want to tow, but again they are heavy and not nearly as much fun to ride.

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
I've got an '07 rxp. It's a lot of fun. If you do get one make sure you get the metal supercharger clutches in there (unless it's '08 up, then you should be alright). The new rxp-x looks sweet :rockin

Here's some pics

·
Registered
46 Posts
Seadoo is the best period...I just sold my 04 RXP for 5500 bucks with a two place trailer and had it since new. You can get a ton of hours out of the motors just take care of it. And like someone else said make sure you put the metal washers in the supercharger before the ceramics blow apart. The rxp or rxp-x are the fastest, most stable pwc out there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just got an RXT and an RXP they are so much fun! We had a few days of nice weather so we took them out for a rip around the lake. Only have about 4 hours seat time on them but they are one sweet ride!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep it coming guys. I will be using mine down at the beach so alot of salt water. I have been told that sea doo is the best for salt water do to the special coming system that they use so no salt water gets into the engine. Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yamaha 1200GP or 1300GP

·
Registered
74 Posts
got an ultra 150, the older ones are 2 seaters and haul some balls. they were meant for racing. the new ones are 3 seaters and i think they might be supercharged

·
Registered
108 Posts
The seadoo Rxp and Rxt's are good in the ocean b/c they are intercooled (they use antifreeze like cars). The only thing the saltwater see's pumped through the jet drive not the motor like most boats and jet skis that are water cooled.
I used to have a gp 1200 they will flip around on a dime, they are light and really fun.. when they run right. 3 carbs and two stroke ment they were fast, but tempermental when they were not perfectly tuned. Also you have to worry about two stroke oil, and they are veryyy loud. Just some food for thought

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Never ridden one, but it's the same hull as the RXT, with accessories geared more towards touring. That said, if it is just a GTX it is the 155hp n/a motor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts