Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
7 shortened rods, 1 out the block, 3 cracked pistons, and a fried transmission

Reactions: toxic

·
Registered
998 Posts
Man I bet you’re gonna love them compounds. Can’t wait to hear your experience compared to your 369. If it’s that amazing may have to slap the Ol stocker on mine and go compounds.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
Just slap a billet 488 over top of the 366! I know where you can get one! You’ve got the 100s to drive it

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
Haha no can do!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Well just picked up some exergy 100%s! They are used, I’m going to have them sent to exergy first. But should be rowdy

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Nice josh!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
I just hope motor will stay together this year lol

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
I just hope motor will stay together this year lol
Depends on how bad you wicked the throttle

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
Blake should definitely be able to keep the pistons happy with 100s. I should be on a 1100uS tune or so now which is stock pulse width. Cylinder pressures should go down with 100s to keep rods stronger but definitely going to have to detorque the bottom end hit a lot for the rods. My sportsman is going to hate life and I really will only be 650-680 with the sportsman. I’ll probably build the trans next then throw more cp3 at it.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
I vote a 12 or 14mm. Then you got a pump for the built motor in a few months. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #692
Might as well go big like Matt with a 14mm lol

·
Registered
998 Posts
Things going to be nasty man. PPEI sent me a 1200us tune when I got the 100s on the 10mm pump. Now all you’ll need is a trans and a light foot and you’ll be good to go 😂

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #695
I think this all depends on your right foot. Lol
I’ve been really good with the lml. I beat the absolute shit out of the lmm compared to this truck.

Things going to be nasty man. PPEI sent me a 1200us tune when I got the 100s on the 10mm pump. Now all you’ll need is a trans and a light foot and you’ll be good to go 😂
What did he think you’d be making for hp on 1200uS? How’s that thing been running now that you got everything done?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I’ve been really good with the lml. I beat the absolute shit out of the lmm compared to this truck.

What did he think you’d be making for hp on 1200uS? How’s that thing been running now that you got everything done?
He didn’t tell me when I asked. Told me my pump maxed out around 750, which is BS and told me to dyno it. In the works on getting some different tunes from someone else. I did some logging on their tune and I was holding rail so pretty sure I can get more out of it. Once I get the new tune I’ll let uk

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #697
What housing is on the 366? I’d definitely be running a 1.0 if your pushing it towards 750. That exhaust side needs freeing up. Your pump should definitely get around 800, I don’t think you have enough air to take it that far though.

·
Registered
998 Posts
What housing is on the 366? I’d definitely be running a 1.0 if your pushing it towards 750. That exhaust side needs freeing up. Your pump should definitely get around 800, I don’t think you have enough air to take it that far though.
I’m running the .91 housing on it. I’m really trying to figure out what I want to do on the air side of things right now. I talked to Aaron at all in a while back and he said compounds over the VGT with a S480, 10mm CP3, & 60 overs he can make 875hp keeping cylinder pressure under 4K psi. Also said that the stock VGT in the valley with the vanes open is much looser on the exhaust side than the 366 so compounds with the 366 will have higher drive pressures than the VGT.
I saw a 16 lml on YouTube that had the same exact set up as me but had 60s instead of 100s with PPEI tuning and he made 730/1400 on the dyno so I’d guess I’m around that number right now with there tune. I also thought about just going S400 single like a 68mm but was talking toa guy at forced induction and he recommended just stepping up to their s471 and said spool up will be very comparable but would have more power on the top end obviously.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
Yeah you’re definitely needing some more air now with that fuel driving it. I know Richard coker over on dd loves a s300 64.5 with a billet 480 over top of it.

That is good to hear Aaron say that though. I’ll have 100s so hopefully be able to keep cylinder pressures down even more and drive pressures in check. With 100s it should dam near be like stock cylinder pressures and spray patterns. Let’s just hope my pistons don’t have any hairline cracking or anything started yet.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yeah you’re definitely needing some more air now with that fuel driving it. I know Richard coker over on dd loves a s300 64.5 with a billet 480 over top of it.

That is good to hear Aaron say that though. I’ll have 100s so hopefully be able to keep cylinder pressures down even more and drive pressures in check. With 100s it should dam near be like stock cylinder pressures and spray patterns. Let’s just hope my pistons don’t have any hairline cracking or anything started yet.
One of the main things that is keeping me from compounding the s366 was the dang quote from Wehrli to add the S480 and match all my piping. I believe the quote was around $4500 just to add the 480 to my kit. I can just about get a compound over stock kit from Scott for that price and I could also sell my s366 kit to put money towards that. Another reason for swaying towards the Compound over the VGT is just having the stock charger in there in case I need to put it back to “stock” haha

681 - 700 of 765 Posts