Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

701 - 720 of 763 Posts

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #701
Well I’ll let ya know how I like the compounds! I’ve had a 369 before so I should be able to give ya a decent comparison.

Turbo and kit should start rolling in soon. Couldn’t find a stock charger cover so just gonna leave valley charger stock. 480 cover and charge pipe are going to get powdered, probably send turbine housing to get coated as well. Then once exergy gets the 100s checked out and sent back I’ll start tearing into it. Really wanting to find a way to get more cp3 in her at the same time as all the other goods.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Well I’ll let ya know how I like the compounds! I’ve had a 369 before so I should be able to give ya a decent comparison.

Turbo and kit should start rolling in soon. Couldn’t find a stock charger cover so just gonna leave valley charger stock. 480 cover and charge pipe are going to get powdered, probably send turbine housing to get coated as well. Then once exergy gets the 100s checked out and sent back I’ll start tearing into it. Really wanting to find a way to get more cp3 in her at the same time as all the other goods.
What color powder coating you going to do? Are you looking to go to a stroker pump or add another sportsman?

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #705
Lol. The rest of my stuff is red velvet. Going to have it all matched.I really don’t want to dig the pump back out of valley but whatever is cheaper. I’ve got my eye on a 12mm for $1900. Would have enough pump and injector for 1000hp then. I could sell the sportsman for $600 pretty quick I think so would really have $1300 into the 12mm pump. To go dual pumps and another sportsman is looking about $2400 and fuel 1000hp as well.

Reactions: toxic

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #706
Got a fleece 10mm pump!

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #709
Putting it in the valley! Trading my sportsman + cash for it. 10mm will still take me to a good stopping point at 750-800 till the bottom end goes. At that point I can do duals and upgrade air again.

I got smoking deals on everything. It’s the only reason I’m doing it all at once. I’ll have 5k into new billet 480, compound kit, 10mm pump and 100% injectors.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
Then next week you’ll be making a call to Evan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
998 Posts
Heck yea can’t beat that. I got some new tunes today other than PPEI. Highest tune he sent me was hot street. Told me if I wanted max effort I would have to log the hot street. His exact words were “(hot street) will be very strong so I wouldn’t go any further with a stock motor without doing data logs”. Excited to see the comparison from PPEI

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #712
Then next week you’ll be making a call to Evan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol I’m sure it’ll happen this summer. I’d like to bring it to the strip once on stock trans just to see what she will do. I’ll have to talk to Blake and see where we wanna go hp wise. Probably 750-800 depending on valley charger. Not sure where stock charger will bring me with a billet 480.

Heck yea can’t beat that. I got some new tunes today other than PPEI. Highest tune he sent me was hot street. Told me if I wanted max effort I would have to log the hot street. His exact words were “(hot street) will be very strong so I wouldn’t go any further with a stock motor without doing data logs”. Excited to see the comparison from PPEI
Fuck ya. I’d probably keep it around 700 on the 366. Smaller charger is gonna make some torque

·
Registered
998 Posts
lol I’m sure it’ll happen this summer. I’d like to bring it to the strip once on stock trans just to see what she will do. I’ll have to talk to Blake and see where we wanna go hp wise. Probably 750-800 depending on valley charger. Not sure where stock charger will bring me with a billet 480.

Fuck ya. I’d probably keep it around 700 on the 366. Smaller charger is gonna make some torque
Yea ain’t trying to build the motor yet haha. Just found out not too long ago I’ll have a mini me later this year so the trucks gonna be on the back burner for a lil while.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #714
Congrats! My little man is due in 3 weeks

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #716
Lol will do! I’ve got a a pretty good lead on a trans. The same guy Matt and I have been buying parts off of. He’s got a full 100% billet trans with a goerend R converter. It’s been behind his 1700hp pull truck without issues. Fresh rebuild and clutches. Guy lives 5 hours from me and needs some tile work done in his house. Told him I couldn’t make it out there for about 3 months and he was good with that! So if everything falls together I should have a full billet trans!

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #717
Help me out guys. Upgrade valley charger too while I’m in there or leave stock vgt in valley?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would say it would depend on your power goals but with the fuel you’re gonna have it’d be nice to put at least a 64mm in there with the higher flowing turbine on the back side. It’s just money, they print more everyday 😂😂

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #719
Lol I know I’ve got the work this year. My big contractor wants to build 20 750k + houses this year. That’s guaranteed income.

I’m sure I’ll turn it up to 750 once the trans goes in. A guy on dd says that’s pushing the stock valley charger pretty hard and drive pressures will be very high. I’m thinking a stage 3 dans diesel charger. They have the larger gt40 76x68 turbine, ported and high flow vanes. Just want that lower drive pressure

·
Registered
998 Posts
Lol I know I’ve got the work this year. My big contractor wants to build 20 750k + houses this year. That’s guaranteed income.

I’m sure I’ll turn it up to 750 once the trans goes in. A guy on dd says that’s pushing the stock valley charger pretty hard and drive pressures will be very high. I’m thinking a stage 3 dans diesel charger. They have the larger gt40 76x68 turbine, ported and high flow vanes. Just want that lower drive pressure
And dans has the “lifetime warranty” which would be nice, but for the same price you can get the 66mm 😏

701 - 720 of 763 Posts