Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I have a 2003 chevy LS with the jump seat. I would like to switch over to a solid center console. I have read the threads on here and it seems as if the switch is pretty easy. I just have a few questions. My truck is pretty basic. no bose or an entertainment system or anything like that, just the normal set up. What do i need to complete the install and do i have to buy the center console with the sub woofer and amp or can i just get the one with the vents? and is it possible to get the rear vents to operate with my truck? Thank you and sorry for the questions. new to the ripping the inside of my truck apart lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump please....

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
have you tried looking up videos about it on youtube

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did. No has anything. Any info would be great from someone who has done it

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump maybe today?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
you would be best to find a console from an extended cab, due to the lack of rear seat controls.

you will need...

drivers side knee bolster
complete center console
center lower dash section w/ right side bolster/glove box
rear seat ducting (to make vents work)

the seats are different as the LS console has no arm rests in the seats.

it will be pretty goofy without the arm rests, nothing to hold ya up during the gansta lean.

I have a whole bunch of parts if you need something let me know. - there are also full kits on ebay from time to time.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooo i gotcha so because my seat don't have arm rest there will be a gap between me and the console? and the rear seat duct work? will the that duct work plug right onto the current heater core i have in the truck?
Thank you...sorry for the newbie questions...i have not done much to the interior so i do not know much about taring it down.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have done it in my truck and i don't notice not having arm rests. you need the console and the glove box lid piece. they gave me the drivers side piece but i didn't need it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you....how did you run the a/c duct work? was it a pain in the ass? or bose sub woofer?

·
Registered
188 Posts
never ran the duct work, i just pulled it out. i have a pioneer dvd head unit in my truck so i hooked the sub up to that. the sub is a dual voice coil so i hooked one coil to right rear and the other to left rear. i then switched the rear channels to subwoofer and it works great. i can use the head units sub control and adjust the volume of the sub as well as change the x-over frequency.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is it possible to some how hook up the subwoofer to my stock radio? or are the wires for the subwoofer not there? thank you

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the non-folding center seat. I'm just trying to find one that folds and swap them
out. Should be straight forward.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah thats what i have now. i like it but i love the full center console

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is there a write up on how to swap from jump seat to center console??What years will work on an 03???Looking to swap for the seats with arm rests and console.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i looked already and there is no write up...but i know 03 to 07 consoles will fit

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just bought a jump seat arm rest leather at a local junk yard for $70. I think your best and cheapest route is hit up junk yards. theres always someone rolling a Dmax.

·
Registered
239 Posts
take out your seats, then the bracket for jump seat can be taken out. install new center console on old bolts. real simple. take you no time at all. as for a/c i didnt bother hookin it up. but the swap is real easy, mine was an 02 when i did it. im assuming theyre the same.

i didnt notice my arm rest not being there. i just got used to it i guess. loved the swap when i did it tho!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts