Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new guy here, first post. I just bought an '07 2500hd classic with the LBZ. I'm flying up to Kellogg ID to get it next week. I'm going to drive it back (about 1000 miles). I'll grill the dealer and read the manual but is there anything I need to know about break in driving for that long trip back? This will be my first diesel.

Any advise on that initial break in period would be much appreciated. Sorry no pictures or anything, I don't have it yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 07 Silverado Classic 2500HD LBZ is about two weeks old and coming up on the 500 mile mark. I will be doing the first oil change this next weekend. Drive it like you normally will and vary the speed some. When you take delivery buy yourself a couple of oil filters and a fuel filter before you leave the dealership. When you get home (1000 miles) change the oil and oil filter. Stow the fuel filter under the seat or some place out of the way. If it ever starts loosing power it will generally be a clogged fuel filter and you will have one with you to get you going again. I have logged over a million miles in diesel trucks and I always keep a spare fuel filter in the truck, you never know when you may need it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. It seems pretty basic but the last thing I want to do is screw it up before I get home. Picking up the fuel/oil filters while I'm there is a good idea.

How do you like yours, any problems or things you wish you would have done differently with yours prior to leaving the dealership? Its not like I don't have a couple of GMC dealers around home but I had such a bad experence with them when I was trying to buy, I don't want to give them anymore business than I have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts