Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just got my new tires mounted on my new wheels. 285/55r/20 Terra grapplers on KMC XD hoss wheels. Brought them over to our local wheel shop, Dun tire to have them mounted. Figured they do thousands a day and there price was cheap. Quick question, they said they balanced them but I got them home in the garage and noticed no weights on any of the wheels, not even the inside. Is that normal? And second, with this setup do you still run the stock recommended tire pressure, 80psi in the rear 60 up front? I have to go back cuz the guy filled them up to 35 not knowing what truck they were going on, they claim they put nitrogen in them but who knows if they really did or not. Get back to me if you know any information. Thanks

:help :drink :thumb

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
At 35 psi they must look pretty flat?!! I run mine at 60 psi.

·
USMC
795 Posts
Agreee with Mr. Jason. Run what the tire says, the sticker in the door is for stock tires. If they had big green tanks in the shop, they filled them with nitrogen. Should have put ugly green caps on the valve stems. Like old boy said, the wieghts could be the flat stick on type they put on the inside of the rim. Not the inside inside but not on the edge like you're used to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreee with Mr. Jason. Run what the tire says, the sticker in the door is for stock tires. If they had big green tanks in the shop, they filled them with nitrogen. Should have put ugly green caps on the valve stems. Like old boy said, the wieghts could be the flat stick on type they put on the inside of the rim. Not the inside inside but not on the edge like you're used to.
So inside meaning inside the tire? You can't see any type of weight, not even on the backside. And I believe the tires have a high pressure stem, does that mean I need a special fitting to fill them more? Why this is so confusing to me I have no idea. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
They should have used stick on weights placed on the inside of the wheel where you can see ( not inside the tire). As far as the nitrogen goes, id take them back and have them fill them to your specifics.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
I called Nitto and gave them the truck specs. Then they did some calculations and gave me the recommended pressures for running loaded and unloaded .

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
So inside meaning inside the tire? You can't see any type of weight, not even on the backside. And I believe the tires have a high pressure stem, does that mean I need a special fitting to fill them more? Why this is so confusing to me I have no idea. Thanks in advance.
Even if they have Nitrogen they would have a regular stem. But the stem cap would be green.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I called Nitto and gave them the truck specs. Then they did some calculations and gave me the recommended pressures for running loaded and unloaded .
Where did they say to run them?

I've always been kind of curious. I've noticed Less PSI and more wear on the outside of the tread. More PSI the more the tread wears on the middle of the tire...so I try to run mine in the middle. Stupid Idiots only put 30psi:cookoo[1]: in my tires. Got home and filled them up...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you sure you got the tires you really wanted? Did they end up putting a light duty tire on your HD and think it only needed 35PSI???

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
If they're like my nittos they're the XL rating not e rated. Mine are rated for over 3k pounds per tire, but are only rated for 50psi.

Just look on the sidewall. It should say ______ lbs @ ___psi cold. Fill it to that psi and put em on. I've never seen a valvestem that you couldn't fill with a regular air nozzle so I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Check the psi on the sidewall and take em back to the tire shop and have them filled to the max pressure and that'll be all you need to worry about.

Sent from my phone, probably while driving and eating a sammich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts