Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 04 duramax and want to know where i start doing upgrades. Dont have a ton of money to do much yet but just want to know whats out there. My truck has 160k on it

·
Registered
386 Posts
EFI, Exhaust, turbo intake mod, PICS?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Start by reading every thread on the forum for 2 months. Then you'll be able to make quality decisions.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Just bought an 04 duramax and want to know where i start doing upgrades. Dont have a ton of money to do much yet but just want to know whats out there. My truck has 160k on it
First thing I did was straight pipe it.the EGT's will be cooler,and the sound and MPG is slightly better.Getting that 3.5 inch opened up will hold you for a mid level tuner..I run a PPE and the 3.5 does fine,I ain't saying I couldn't benefit from 4inch,but hell I am tight and old fashioned...sometimes.:drink

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
First thing I did was straight pipe it...the EGT's will be cooler,and the sound and MPG is slightly better.Getting that 3.5 inch opened up will hold you for a mid level tuner..I run a PPE and the 3.5 does fine,I ain't saying I couldn't benefit from 4inch,but hell I am tight and old fashioned...sometimes.:drink

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry its a lb7. When you say straight pipe it just cut the muffler out and throw a pipe in it that all there is to it. Sorry to ask stupid questions but like i said new to diesel. Thanks

·
Registered
683 Posts
you can do that or buy a full system from the down pipe back 4'' it would sound better than tock pipe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts