Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a service manual and an Edge Cts on the truck so I know that that code means glow plug circuit A but im still trying to figure out if I crossed a wire on the glow plug relay box or what. Im going to try to describe best I can the wires I think could be the culprit and hopefully someone will know what Im talking about. The service manuals are pretty much worthless.

Ok so when you pull all your wires to get them out of the way so you can get down in the "trench from hell" I pulled first the hot off the glow plug relay box, then there are two studs down to the right which appear to be grounds. I pulled the studs off those and the main wires came off of them, then there were two smaller wires that came off either one or both of them. Im thinking these are my issue. Like an idiot I didnt mark them and then pulled them all the way over to the opposite side of the engine bay. The larger wires that came off stayed there and were held in by clips left and right so Im almost 100% they are on the right stud. However I cannot remember if the two smaller wires were on the one to the left (how they are now because the only diagram in the service manual thats how they appeared to me) or one on each of the studs....and if so does it matter which side they go on and how do you tell?

Thanks for the help, hopefully someone will bail me out of my stupidity.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
do you have a picture of which wires and which stud you are talking about?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The two black capped wires under the red one on the glow plug controller. Im pretty sure on those but the peach and blue wires you can see in the picture are the ones im unsure of. Just didnt know if there is a sure fire way to know or what.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
On mine, i have one of the smaller peach colored wires on the stud with the black wire, and the other peach colored one is under the other black wire. I think those are the wires you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
in your second pic, there should be one of the peach wires on that stud, and looks like you have the other wire in the right spot. Thats how mine is

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I already had them one on each before but I was still pulling a code, so then I switched them to both on the front stud. Still got the code, I guess next Ill put them back on one each and then switch them both at the same time if Ive still got a code. If that doesnt get it then Im stumped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts