Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my truck deleted with a 4" turbo back exhaust and a bullydog programmer. Just wondering if anybody has any info for me. My truck wont read boost air/fuel ratio or intake temperature. Also my fuel mileage seems to have gotten worst. Pre delete and tune it was running around 15L/100km now it runs around 20L/100km driving nice. Not sure if it makes a difference but it has been -42°C here for the past couple days. Any info would be great as to whether something is wrong or not.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Winter fuel blends always hurt fuel economy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it normal though for boost intake temp air/fuel ratio all to not have any readings at all though. Wouldn't that affect fuel mileage if it's not reading any air coming into the truck? Sorry I have very little knowledge on this kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
Sorry I have very little knowledge on this kind of thing.
Very little knowledge.............. yet when an excellet suggestion is given (get rid of the BullyDog) you immediately trash the idea. 'uhNo

You are not likely to get many more replys that way! Good Luck to ya :frown2:

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Welcome! School is now open....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is that trashing the idea all I said was after spending 1400 on the bullydog I cant afford to just throw it out and get another one. I would like any input that could help with why the programmer doesnt seem to be reading anything with the intake or why fuel mileage went to heck. If I offended anyone wasn't my intention.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I honestly had no idea you could delete a truck with a bullydog prgrammer. I know the bullydog and H&S look to be the same unit. Do you just install the software into the Bullydog?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hm I see. Reading back thru here you said you paid $1400 for the bullydog? That's higher than giraffe a** for canned tuning.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I wasn't being a smart azz when I said throw out the bullydog, just fact. You should have done a little more research before spending that much. Don't know about your missing info, contact bullydog & see what they say

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is all the dealership had for programers. Still have warranty and they said they would honor the warranty if I got it done there so that is why I got the bullydog. But yeah not impressed so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I got.tired of fixing DEF issues and what not and figured get two birds stoned at once. No more DEF issues and was hoping for better mileage. Most definitely not what I got it seems either something is working with my truck or bullydog just isn't a good tuner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts