Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need help I just changed my oil, oil filter and Diesel fuel filter and now my truck wont start. When I first tried to start it it started and ran for 10 seconds and then shut down and wont start again turns over but doesnt start

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
did you try pumping the primer??? I'd pump it till you can't pump no more :rofl

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bleed the line and it started for a second than shut off again Were is the primer? Should I prime it with the butterfly valve open or closed

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
the primer is on the fuel filter head. you need to crack the bleeder screw (right next ti the primer) and pump the primer (sometimes takes forever) untill fuel starts coming out of the bleeder. then tighten the bleeder screw back up. start er up

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
the primer is on the fuel filter head. you need to crack the bleeder screw (right next ti the primer) and pump the primer (sometimes takes forever) untill fuel starts coming out of the bleeder. then tighten the bleeder screw back up. start er up
x2 take a look here, this will give you some pics to go by

Dmaxwrenchkit Duramax Fuel Filter Change Instructions

This ones better..

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/diy-tech-discussion/7260-fuel-filter-write-up.html

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I got it running but now it says I have 0% fuel filter life remaing, but the oil says I have 99% remaining is there some way of resetting this

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I think you just go to the fuel filter life on DIC and hold the ENTER (or the arrow button) on the steering wheel. That should reset it

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Arrow button to reset fuel filter % is on the dash on th07.5 and up trucks, not on steering wheel anymore. But ya hold the reset arrow while the fuel filter % is on the screen and it will go to 100%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts