Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just took delivery of a 2022 Sierra Denali HD in Summit White with the standard bed and 4x4. Long story but this replaced my 2019 2500 that I got at the beginning of 2020. Super excited for the new truck - just trying to figure out what direction to go with it mod-wise. Here are some pics.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

Sorry just realized I don't have any better pics. Just took these after blacking the GMC badges out with vinyl. The only things I've done are the badges and weathertech mats front and rear. I have a cabover camper so I have torklift tie down brackets to install along with the camper wiring and hi amperage charging relay. My 2019 was leveled with UCAs, bilstein 5100s, had hellwig sways front and rear, airbags and XD wheels with 295/60r20 tires. I realized when I put it back to stock before trading it in that the ride quality was much better stock, so I'm hesitant to start with the new truck. Here's the old truck for reference.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Cloud Sky

Looking forward to making the new truck my own.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Cloud Sky

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your truck.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali
68 Posts
Nice truck. Mine looks identical. I can tell 100% for sure, my 3500 rides so much better leveled with new control arms and shocks than a 100% stock 2500 I test drove the other day.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
The airbags will make the ride pretty harsh unloaded. I went from the stock Ranchos that were horrible to 5100's which made the ass end ride smooth to airbags with the 5100's and that went right back to stiff. It's all give and take. You either get a nice unloaded ride or a stiff suspension for towing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone! I just took delivery of a 2022 Sierra Denali HD in Summit White with the standard bed and 4x4. Long story but this replaced my 2019 2500 that I got at the beginning of 2020. Super excited for the new truck - just trying to figure out what direction to go with it mod-wise. Here are some pics. View attachment 1093278 View attachment 1093279
Sorry just realized I don't have any better pics. Just took these after blacking the GMC badges out with vinyl. The only things I've done are the badges and weathertech mats front and rear. I have a cabover camper so I have torklift tie down brackets to install along with the camper wiring and hi amperage charging relay. My 2019 was leveled with UCAs, bilstein 5100s, had hellwig sways front and rear, airbags and XD wheels with 295/60r20 tires. I realized when I put it back to stock before trading it in that the ride quality was much better stock, so I'm hesitant to start with the new truck. Here's the old truck for reference. View attachment 1093280 View attachment 1093281
Looking forward to making the new truck my own. View attachment 1093278 View attachment 1093279 View attachment 1093280 View attachment 1093281
congrats did your order it or you get it threw the Dealer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in the same boat; trying to figure out what best mods I want to do w/ a flatbed camper (on full time). DM 3500 LT double cab, 4x4..... flatbed order coming up soon and then the wait :-(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. Sorry it was a busy week and I didn't get a chance to come back to the thread.

I can't wait to put the 5100s on this truck. I pulled the ones off my 2019 before I sold it as they only had 14k miles on them. This truck does a side shift on the highway when I hit a transition. Hoping the Bilsteins will alleviate that. I'm pretty sure my 2019 was harsh with the Ranchos too. I'm hoping to avoid airbags on this truck if I can because I too feel that they create a harsh unloaded ride. The swaybars added to it as they increase the overall spring rate of the individual wheels because they're essentially a torsion spring.

I actually ordered this truck as part of a trade repurchase (buyback) through GM. The Allison trans in my 2019 went out at 16k miles and I was without the truck for over a month. They replaced the transmission and the truck ran fine after that but they offered to take it back and allowed me to order a new truck. I had to pay a "usage" fee for the mileage I had put on the 2019 as well as the difference between my purchase price on the 2019 and the msrp of the new one. The new truck was ordered as a 2021 but was delayed so it was one of the first 2022s off the line.
I'm in the same boat; trying to figure out what best mods I want to do w/ a flatbed camper (on full time). DM 3500 LT double cab, 4x4..... flatbed order coming up soon and then the wait :-(
Do you have a dually or SRW? Long or standard bed? What campers are you looking at? I put a lot of thought into ordering this truck for the camper I have and the one I'd like to upgrade to in the future. Decided to stick to the standard bed as it allows me to park it in my driveway. I probably won't be getting a new camper for a few years, and could do a standard bed dually with a flatbed at that point if I need the payload.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts