Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a hypertech programmer for my 02 chevy duramax. I am getting the faulty glow plug code when my check engine comes on. Also the light goes on and off randomly. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed a hypertech programmer for my 02 chevy duramax. I am getting the faulty glow plug code when my check engine comes on. Also the light goes on and off randomly. Thanks!!!
Are you saying you got a CEL and then used your Power Porgrammer to check the code and thats what its show? Or are you saying that after you installed the tune you started getting the CEL?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the Hypertech programmer and then I started getting the check engine light. I then used my OBD 2 code reader to check the code and the error code is defective glow plug. The CEL goes on and off randomly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed the Hypertech programmer and then I started getting the check engine light. I then used my OBD 2 code reader to check the code and the error code is defective glow plug. The CEL goes on and off randomly.
Did you ever discover if you had a defective glow plug?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts