Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
congrats i love mine as well and im gonna get level 6 unlock code i also have the full a-pillar mount for the attitude for sale if interested PM me!!
Tom

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Congrats, just be careful with the stock tranny...unless you already have the money to rebuild it. (around $3-5,000) You have to be more careful with WOT shifts into 5th or getting on it in 5th and causing the tranny to downshift into 4th.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Need Advice

I have 50K on my Duramax and am ready to turn it up a little. I bought the truck new and the only one who has ever driven it. It is strong, and occasionally I pull my 13000 pound 35 CKQ Camper down to Bristol, or Georgia, and sometimes over to Michigan.

I'm thinking MBRP 5" CATBACK with a 6" Tip. I'm thinking that'll give me the three things I'm looking for: deeper sound, a little more HP, and perhaps a little better mileage. Will that do it?

Should I change the air intake system or go stock? From what I read here stock is OK with a good clean filter.

Thanks for your suggestions.:confused:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
ya with the bigger exhaust it will add a richer tone and it will let the engine run free leaving it with a little more hp but i would like to recommend a nice little programmer that will really add some performance to the engine,the best for the buck is the diablo sport but the best off the shelf tuner is the ppe programmers and with mine i have gained an average of 3mpg over stock with the ppe tuner and a exhaust..the stock airintake is enough for the stock turbo but i would recommend a afe or s&b drop in filter..

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts