Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one wheel bearing going bad lots of play. At the same time I was having my RCV axles being serviced. I installed some China drive works bearing/hub assemblies and after the first test drive with just axle stubs and it sounded like metal popcorn.

I returned those wheel bearings and installed a set of Timkens. The vehicle still makes the god-awful grinding sound. Popping or binding not sure how to describe it I have will have a link to the video.

When the front end is jacked up both wheel spin perfectly no sound. Shocks, wheel-bearings. brake rotors and pads were replaced all at the same time. I have everything torqued properly according to all data. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,264 Posts
Are you sure it is coming from the front? Do you have CV shaft in with but tight? Wheel isn’t rubbing anything? Just a few thing i thought of

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2wd or 4wd didn’t matter. Full cv axles or just stub ends I tried and still makes the same sound.
When The front end is jacked up I can spin the tires and it makes no sound it only makes a sound when the weight is applied and you’re driving.

some thing I’m wondering is if the CV axle nut is too tight? would that cause any issues?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts