Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i will have pictures up soon for everyone to see. I have a few questions. During install i was to put the compression bars snug to the new rear cross member, then mark on the transmission cross member where to drill the holes. Where they sat on the tranny crossmember was different from side to side. I measured from outside of crossmember into the bar mounting edge and it was 1" difference. Instructions said drill where they sit, so i went ahead and did. I dont know if this 1 " if bad or not? Also does anyone run wheel spacers with their lift in the rear end. its such a difference from front to back, Like im talking 2.5" difference sticking out in the front. I was thinking going with 1.5" spacers to take away that look. Ill get pics posted within a couple days.

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
Sub'd for pics!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Must have pics!!:thumb

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres the pics, before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
looks amazing man

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Looks good. They lift kits definitely push our fronts out about 2" as you described. I also run 2" spacers without any issues.. makes the truck look great

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im a little nervous about 2" Im towing a big 5th wheel thats lifted. and does 2" not push you out to far? You guys running the aluminum ones?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
im a little nervous about 2" Im towing a big 5th wheel thats lifted. and does 2" not push you out to far? You guys running the aluminum ones?
I don't know if I would go with the aluminum ones in your application then.. the steel ones may be the better choice. I only haul with my rig every once in a while. I just make sure to take my wheels off and re-torque them frequently just in case. (haven't had a loose one yet). And yes in my opinion 2" is perfect, no where near too much :drink

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone else have opinions on 1.5" or 2

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i run 2" aluminum ones and there perfect

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok guys, i cant decide. 1.5" or 2" spacers in the rear?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
looks fuck-ing good

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
and where r u thinking of getting wheels spacers at ? and if so i think a 1.5 inch should do u just fine

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont know where to get them. Ebay has a few. what about vendors on here?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts