Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently installed a new lift kit and 33" tires on my truck and when i change lanes real fast it tends to crab walk really bad anyone know why or have any suggestions on how to go about fixing the problem????

·
Registered
193 Posts
Everything tight? Did you have it aligned after the lift install?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes did all of that i dont know what the deal is im going to try to stiffin up the suspension tomorrow and see if that helps but i have my doughts that its going to be that easy of a fix.

·
Registered
683 Posts
did you put on a heavier stabilizer? i had to put a stiffer one

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
The Rancho lift is a solid kit
probably just the new MT tires feeling a little slimy

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
you have changed your original ride that you are used to , gonna take some driving of the new setup to get use to it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check ur u bolts and the the center bolt in the spring packs also look and see if the pins are in the blocks or in the axle just something to look at because ur truck shouldnt do that.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Mine never does that!! Only in 4WD....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input guys i think humbold is right i think the new MT's are feelin a little slimy..

·
Registered
272 Posts
Toyo's don't usually get that feeling....Especially in the smaller sizes. I would check the rear as stated and make sure the center pins are in the blocks in the pocket and not "floating"...

·
Registered
48 Posts
My new MTs felt just like that... I have about 200 miles on them now and they feel a lot better.

Its the tires dude...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I agree with the new tires still slimey,can take a fue K miles to wear off the mold release.Plus you were use to those tiny tires,youll learn to love the new set-up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts